West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme:- There are many welfare schemes started by the West Bengal government for the betterment of the citizens of the state. This time the government has come up with a new scheme for the fishermans of West Bengal. During the West Bengal budget 2024 presentation, the finance minister announced a welfare scheme called the Samudra Sathi Scheme. Under this scheme, registered fishermen will receive an amount of rupees 5000 per month for 2 months during the fishing ban period i.e. a total amount of rupees 10000 will be provided for 2 months as financial assistance by the government. Further information like eligibility criteria, objectives, required documents to apply, and application process related to the scheme have been covered in this article. Kindly go, through it.
Table of Contents
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024
Fishing is one of the major occupations of the people living in West Bengal. But there comes a time from mid-April to mid-June when fishing is banned during this period. So it becomes very difficult for the people relying on fishing to fulfill their basic needs. To assist the needy during this period, on 8 February 2024, during the budget 2024 presentation, the finance minister of West Bengal announced the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme under which financial assistance of rupees 5000 per month will be provided for two regular months. A budget of rupees 200 crore has been allocated for the implementation of this scheme. An estimated amount of 2 lakh beneficiaries will be benefited through this assistance.
WB Samudra Sathi Scheme Details in Highlights
|Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya
|08th February 2024
|Not Yet Announced
Objective of Samudra Sathi Scheme
The scheme was started to assist during the mid-April and mid-June period in which the fishing ban doesn’t let the citizens earn their daily bread. An amount of rupees 5000 per month will help them in buying food and other necessities. Families can live their lives easily without any fear of money or food.
Districts eligible under Samudra Sathi Scheme
Registered fishermen living in these three coastal districts are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas
Benefits And Features of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Some of the features and benefits of the scheme are listed below.
- The scheme was announced by Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya on 8 February 2024 during the West Bengal 2024 budget presentation.
- An amount of rupees 5000 per month will be provided as financial assistance for 2 months under this scheme i.e. Rupees 10000 will be provided.
- This amount will be provided during the fishing Ban season from mid-April to mid-June.
- Registered fishermen from only these three districts East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas will get the benefits.
- A budget of rupees 200 crores has been allocated for the implementation of the scheme.
- An estimated number of 2 lakh fishermen will get the benefit.
Eligibility Criteria for Samudra Sathi Scheme
Before applying for the scheme, the applicant must check the eligibility criteria which is listed here.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- They must be registered fishermen.
- Fishermen only from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas are eligible to apply.
Documents Required to Apply
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank account
- Domicile certificate
- Fisherman registration proof
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme Application Process
The applicant must follow the application process given here to apply for the scheme.
- Firstly, open the official website of the scheme.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now on the homepage, you have to click on the apply here option.
- A new page with an application form will open on the screen.
- Enter your details like name, address, date of birth, etc in the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Check the provided details carefully.
- Now click on the submit option.
- In this way, you can easily apply for the scheme.
The state finance minister Chandrima Bhattacharya launched the Samudra Sathi Scheme on 8 February 2024 during the budget 2024 presentation.
Rupees 5000 per month for 2 months will be provided.
Registered fishermen from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas are eligible to apply.
2 lakh beneficiaries from these three coastal districts will be benefited