TN Vella Nivarana Nidhi:- On Sunday, M K Stalin, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, will inaugurate a one-time aid scheme worth Rs 6,000 for families impacted by Cyclone Michaung and the ensuing floods in Chennai and the surrounding districts of Tiruvallur, Kanchipuram, and Chengalpattu. Following a review meeting with secretariat personnel, the chief minister delivered the announcement. Read below to check the detailed information related to Tamil Nadu Cyclone Michaung Assistance Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features & Benefits, Tamil Nadu ₹6,000 Assistance Scheme Assistance Amount, Registration Process, and much more.
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Vella Nivarana Nidhi 2024
Tamil Nadu chief minister M K Stalin on Sunday will provided a financial aid of Rs 6,000 apiece to the flood-affected families and an enhanced compensation for various heads, days after cyclone Michaung devastated Chennai and adjoining districts. The Tamil Nadu government on Saturday increased the compensation to the families of those who died from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5 lakh and announced Rs 6,000 as a one-time assistance to families whose livelihood was affected by the rains and subsequent floods. The government has come under heavy criticism for the inadequate handling of relief work following Cyclone Michaung.
The beneficiaries will receive the cash financial aid at their individual ration stores. The number of individuals or households in the districts of Chengalpattu, Tiruvallur, Kanchipuram, and Chennai that will receive the cash benefits. The beneficiaries list is being discussed at the highest levels, and comprehensive details about the program will be included in the Government Order (GO) that will be announced in a day or two.
TN Cyclone Michaung Assistance Scheme Highlights
|Tamil Nadu Vella Nivarana Nidhi
|Government of Tamil Nadu
|Tamil Nadu chief minister M K Stalin
Tamil Nadu Vella Nivarana Nidhi Benefits
Some of the key features and benefits of the Tamil Nadu Cyclone Michaung Assistance Scheme are as follows:
- Stalin will introduce the plan by disbursing the relief funds in cash in Velachery, a community of middle-class and retired government employees that is among the flood-affected localities.
- Cash distribution of the relief amount will take place via the local fair pricing stores.
- The beneficiaries are receiving tokens for cash distribution of the relief amount at the designated ration shops.
- The relief amount is available to all Chennai ration card holders as well as residents of the three districts’ affected areas.
Tamil Nadu Cyclone Michaung Assistance Scheme Assistance Amount
- The Chief Minister has mandated the distribution of Rs 6,000 in relief funds to individuals who have lost their means of subsistence as a result of Cyclone Michaung.
- Ex-gratia payments of Rs 5 lakh would be given to the families of individuals who perished in the floods.
- The amount of help provided to those who lost their huts will increase from Rs 5,000 to Rs 8,000.
- The compensation payment per hectare for crops with damage above thirty-three percent would rise to Rs. 17,000 from Rs. 13,500.
- The payment for trees and perennial crops will increase from Rs 18,000 to Rs 22,500.
- Completely damaged catamarans would now receive compensation of Rs 50,000, up from Rs 32,000, and partially damaged boats will receive compensation of Rs 15,000, up from Rs 10,000.
- The payout for mechanised boats will rise from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh.
Registration Process for Tamil Nadu Vella Nivarana Nidhi 2024
The Government of Tamil Nadu has recently introduced the Vella Nivarana Nidhi. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.