Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana:- Telangana held assembly elections on November 30. In an attempt to win over the people, the Congress government has announced the introduction of numerous charity programmes while making its case. The Congress Party has declared that Telangana will adopt the Gruha Jyothi Scheme if our government wins the assembly elections. It will enable the residents to receive free electricity. The state’s residents will live in a better level of living thanks to this plan, which will also encourage them to take use of its benefits. Read below to check the detailed information related to Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2024
The Telangana Congress Party introduced six guarantees for the state’s residents. Gruha Jyothi, also known as the Telangana Free Electricity Scheme, is one of them. Every qualifying family will receive free power under this initiative if their monthly consumption is less than 200 units. If this is feasible, then a specific home won’t need to pay a single rupee for the power they utilise. This implies that qualifying households will receive 2400 free energy units annually.
08th Feb Update:- 200 units of free electricity for tenants also
Amid rumours spreading across the state that the Gruh Jyoti Yojana which provides 200 units of free electricity to the citizens of the state will not be applicable for the tenants living in the state, The Southern Telangana Electricity Distribution Company (DISCOM) has denied these rumours and clarified that the scheme benefits will be provided to the tenants also. Although, the exact eligibility criteria have not been clarified yet by the government. The government will soon issue guidelines related to this free electricity scheme.
Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme Details in Highlights
|Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana
|To provide free electricity to the Citizens of Telangana state
|200 Units Free Electricity
Telangana Free Electricity Scheme Objective
In the event the Congress forms the government, the people will receive special facilities following their victory in the Telangana assembly elections. Among these facilities, the Gruha Jyothi Scheme is well-known. In order to encourage residents to take advantage of the programme, free power will be granted to state residents who use fewer than 200 units of electricity.
Rewards of Scheme
Every qualifying family would receive free electricity if the Congress Party takes power in Telangana and their monthly consumption is less than 200 units. from which the recipients will receive 2400 free energy units annually. Residents are exempt from paying an electricity bill if their annual electricity consumption is less than 200 units. People’s condition would improve as a result of the Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme, which will relieve them of their excessive electricity expenses.
Benefits of Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the Telangana Gruha Jyothi are as follows:
- The Gruha Jyothi Scheme will be implemented for the people of Telangana if the Congress party wins control of the state.
- The inhabitants will receive free electricity as a result of this arrangement.
- Recipients will receive 2400 free electricity units annually.
- If a household qualifies and uses less than 200 units of electricity per month, they will all receive free electricity.
- The programme will encourage beneficiaries to utilise it.
- There is no electricity bill to pay if a citizen uses less than 200 units of electricity.
- The Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme will raise the living standards of those who qualify.
- The participants of the Gruha Jyothi Scheme would receive benefits upon both online and offline registration.
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana
The applicants applying for Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate needs to be a Telangana state resident.
- Families that use more than 200 units of power will not be eligible for free electricity.
- A maximum of 200 units of free electricity per month will be available to every family.
Some of the important documents required for Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card (Head of the Family)
- Electricity Bills
- Ration Card Details
- PAN Details
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Application Process for Telangana Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2024
The Government of Telangana has recently introduced the Telangana Gruha Jyothi Scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.