Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme:- Telangana is well known for its skilled handloom weavers. The Chenetha Maggam Scheme has been introduced by the Telangana government for the benefit of handloom weavers. Through this program, the government will make minor adjustments to the tools and way of life of Telangana’s handloom weavers. Their financial situation will improve. This plan calls for converting pit looms into frame looms. The goal of this plan is to make it more profitable for weavers. The government will replace outdated equipment with newer technology while simultaneously raising the pay of handloom weavers. Read below to check the detailed information related to Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme.
Table of Contents
Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme 2023
On National Handloom Day, the Telangana State handloom minister presented a unique gift to the state’s weavers. On August 7, 2023, during Handloom Day, Handloom Minister Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao announced this program. All of the handloom weavers in Telangana State will receive new machines as part of this programme. All used equipment will be replaced with new equipment. The government will also issue identity cards to handloom weavers.
The major reason for starting this program is to boost handloom weavers’ output and craftsmanship. In accordance with this plan, the government will transform pit looms into frame looms. The government has increased the retirement age for weavers of handlooms from 59 to 75 years old. This programme will replace all machines, at a cost of RS 38,000 each. A RS 5 lakh deposit will be made into the family’s account within 10 days if a handloom craftsman passes away for whatever cause.
TS Chenetha Maggam Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme|
|Initiated by||Telangana Government|
|Launched on||7th August 2023|
|Beneficiaries||Telangana State’s handloom weavers|
|Objective||To convert old machines into new machines|
|Frame loom cost||Rs 38,000 per loom|
|Registration mode||Online or Offline mode|
Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme Objective
The scheme’s conversion of all pit looms to frame looms is one of its primary goals. So that each qualified handloom weaver can increase product quality while also changing output rate.
Benefits of Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme
Some of the key benefits of the Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme are as follows:
- For handloom weavers, the Telangana government has introduced the Chenetha Maggam Scheme.
- This plan calls for replacing all pit looms with frame looms.
- Support for handloom weavers will be offered through this program
- This program will benefit the 40,000 industrial units that depend on the handloom industry.
- The handloom weavers will also receive identity cards.
- Ex-gratia will rise for weaver members from Rs. 12,500 to Rs. 25,000 so that handloom weavers’ financial situation might be improved.
- Handloom weavers will be able to improve their way of life by benefiting from this programme.
- The state as a whole will participate in the Chenetha Maggam Scheme.
Features of Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- Improvement of handloom weavers’ circumstances
- Encouraging the recipients to utilise the program
- To give eligible recipients the means for independence and empowerment
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme
The applicants applying for scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must reside in Telangana State permanently.
- The state’s handloom weavers will be entitled to benefit from the program
Required Documents to Apply
Some of the important documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Passport size photo
- Identity proof like an Aadhaar Card
- Resident proof.
- Date of birth certificate.
- Mobile Number
- Pitt Looms Invoice
- Firm Registration Number
- Bank Account Details
Application Procedure for Telangana Chenetha Maggam Scheme
The Government of Telangana has recently introduced this scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the scheme, feel free to contact the below-given number:
Helpline Number: 040-23221684