The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, M K Stalin, and the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, were on hand in Chennai to launch a social welfare program and to open model schools in Tamil Nadu that were modeled after those in Delhi. CM Arvind Kejriwal stated that it needs to gain knowledge from one another on best practices that go beyond party politics. From constructing a new school to establishing a fund to assist women in need, as well as allocating over 700 crores to the budget for this endeavor, the article will talk about the Delhi Model School Scheme, including its objectives, its importance, and the benefits it offers.
Tamil nadu Delhi Model School Scheme 2022
The beginning of Monday, August 5, 2022, marked the beginning of the Schools of Excellence and Model Schools Scheme, which was initiated by the government of Tamil Nadu. The plan is mostly based on how schools in Delhi have improved their infrastructure and educational opportunities. Under Arvind Kejriwal’s direction, the schools in Delhi were fixed up and made better, so the CM was also invited to the opening of these schools in Tamilnadu.
Most people agree with the idea of improving and focusing on education because the country’s education system is getting worse. In addition to the 26 schools of excellence, there are also 15 model schools in the scheme. This means this scheme is focusing on helping to educate female citizens also. Mr. Stalin initiated the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammayar Memorial “Puthumai Penn Scheme” which stipulated that female students who attended government schools from grades 6 to 12 and were interested in pursuing higher education would be eligible to receive monetary assistance of 1000 rupees on a monthly basis.
At the program’s launch in Chennai, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that states should learn from each other and asked the Center and the states to work together to give the school education sector a boost. The chief minister liked the idea of putting aside party rivalries and working together for the good of the country’s young people.
TN Delhi Model School Scheme Objectives
The situation of the vast majority of other government schools located all throughout the nation is “very sad.” The hope that one day our country will join the ranks of the industrialized nations will never come true unless and until quality public education is made competitive with that offered by private schools. So, therefore, to compete in modern times, we need to improve the standard of our education.
The objectives of the Model School Scheme are listed below:
- Students will get an education free of charge, regardless of their caste, color, creed, or religion.
- The scheme is strongly focused on female education and its encouragement in the state.
- To provide facilities for instructors to use in the classroom so they can teach and expand their expertise.
- In order to raise the overall literacy rate in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- In addition to this, placing an emphasis on tuition lessons
- To Improve the quality of education offered in publicly funded institutions across the country.
Advantages of Delhi Model School Scheme
Numerous benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- The project that is being implemented by the government of Tamil Nadu encompasses a total of 26 Schools of Excellence and 15 Model Schools.
- As a way to officially kick off the student scheme, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu gave debit cards from participating banks to the students who will benefit from it.
- This program encourages girls to not be married too young and also encourages them to continue their studies.
- A total of 698 billion rupees was earmarked in the budget for the recently introduced program.
Tamil nadu Delhi Model School Scheme Eligibility
The basic eligibility requirements for the scheme are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India living in Tamil Naidu State.
- The applicant must be a student.
TN Delhi Model School Scheme Documents needed
The documents needed for the scheme are listed below:
- Aadhar card or Voter ID.
- Residential Proof.
- guardian’s/ parents’ mobile number.