Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme:- Kids who eat breakfast are more energetic. Skipping breakfast makes youngsters weary, angry, and restless. Therefore, the Tamil Nadu state government has lately established the chief minister’s breakfast plan, which provides the most crucial meal of the day to children.
The Tamil Nadu government introduced this program on July 27, 2022; it would assist around 1500 government elementary schools, which will have approximately 1.14 lakh children, according to the reports. In this post, we will get a thorough understanding of the Chief Minister’s breakfast plan, as well as its eligibility requirements and benefits.
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme 2023
The Tamil Nadu government has introduced the Chief Ministers’ Breakfast Scheme for the first time in the state. As the most essential meal of the day, breakfast should never be neglected, as stated by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu during an event announcing the program. Since children rush to get to school early in the morning, many children skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast makes youngsters weary, angry, and restless.
- Under the program, breakfast will be provided to pupils in classes one through five.
- The government approved 33.56 billion rupees for the Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme on July 27, 2020.
- In the first phase of this scheme Govt. will supply breakfast to about 1,545 government primary schools, resulting in around 1.14 million students receiving breakfast at school.
- This will only give the most nutrient-dense breakfast to elementary school children on school days.
- This scheme will be implemented through local bodies till it gets expanded and covers all of Tamil Nadu.
- During the current duration of his party-led administration, the school lunch program will be elevated to a higher level.
- A prepared meal consisting of 150–500 grams of breakfast with sambar and veggies is to be supplied to each and every kid. The government has also provided the breakfast menu for the five working days (Monday through Friday).
24th August Update:- CM Breakfast Scheme Extended in All Govt Schools
The Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme, which was implemented on a pilot basis in 1,545 schools and improved student attendance in 90% of them after 11 months, will be made available to all primary school students enrolled in government schools in Tamil Nadu on 25 August 2023, Friday for an expenditure of Rs 404 crore. At around 8:15 am, Chief Minister M. K. Stalin would introduce the programme at a public middle school in Thirukkuvalai, the Cauvery Delta region district where his father, the late Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi, was born. On September 15, 2022, the ambitious program—which has garnered praise from all corners of society—was introduced in 1,545 schools, benefiting 1.14 lakh students. In 31,008 government schools around the state, the programme will be expanded to include 15,75 lakh pupils in grades one through five.
For the expansion of the programme that gives schoolchildren breakfast every working day, the government has earmarked Rs 404 crore. Stalin requested that MPs and MLAs from various parties start the ambitious plan in their districts. The Chief Minister’s Free Breakfast Scheme is intended to address children’s nutritional deficiencies and ensure their attendance in school. It is seen as an extension of the mid-day meals, which are now copied throughout India and beyond.
Breakfast Menu Under TN CM Breakfast Scheme
|Monday||Rice Upma or Rava Upma or Semayya Upma or Wheat Upma with Vegetable Sambar.|
|Tuesday||Rava Khichdi and Samay Kitchadi, Vegetable Khichdi, and Veet Rava Khichdi with Vegetable Sambar.|
|Wednesday||Rava/Pongal Pongal & Vegetable Sambar.|
|Thursday||Upma of Rice & Rava, Upma & Samay, Upma & Veet Rava, Upma & Rava Kesari, & Samay Kesari|
|Friday||Rava Khichdi, Samay Khichdi, and Vegetable Khichdi, Rava Kesari, and Samay Kesari.|
Note: Meals can be changed accordingly. It is said millet food must be added to the menu twice a week.
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme Overview
|Scheme Name||CM Breakfast Scheme|
|Launch By||Cm M.K Stalin|
|Launch Date||27th July 2022|
|Beneficiary||Scholl Kids (Class 1st – 5th)|
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme Objectives
The purpose of the session is to raise awareness of the significance of self-confidence among schoolchildren. Educating schoolchildren on the importance of mental and physical health by bringing in such messages will not only make students aware but will also raise awareness throughout society. The goal of the program is to ensure that schoolchildren have a nutritious breakfast, which will not only help them get off to a good start in the day but will also have an effect on their overall health. This project would assist a large number of elementary school pupils, and as a result, the state government has set aside an enormous budget of Rs 33.56 crores for the phase from 2022 to 2023.
TN CM Breakfast Scheme Benefits
There are various advantages to the program, like
- The breakfast program will assist students in grades 1 through 5 by offering a free meal in the early morning.
- Breakfast nourishes the child’s brain and general wellness.
- The scheme encourages children and also nourishes them.
- With the aid of the meal, children who miss breakfast in the morning will not feel hungry at school and will remain attentive throughout the day.
- The scheme provides initial benefits to approximately 1.25 lakh young people.
- This scheme would help eliminate the nutritional shortfall in elementary schools, particularly in metropolitan regions where children from disadvantaged backgrounds lack the required nutritious meals in the morning.
- More than 43,600 pupils in municipal corporations, more than 17,400 in municipalities, more than 42,800 in village panchayat boundaries, and more than 10,100 in rural and mountainous regions will benefit from the breakfast scheme.
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements needed to benefit from the Tamil Nadu CM breakfast scheme are:
- Students must be from Tamil Nadu state
- Students must be studying from class 1st to class 5th
- The student must be from a government school
Tamil Nadu CM Breakfast Scheme Registration Process
The official website for the Tamil Nadu CM breakfast program will soon be launched, and we’ll keep you updated.
Recalling the evolution of the scheme in the state over the past 100 years, similar programs providing meals to elementary school students, such as the lunch program in Madras, India, began in 1957. Then, in 1989, chief minister M. Karunanidhi introduced a nutritious meal plan, which is currently in operation and being enhanced. Similarly, this breakfast program in Tamil Nadu aims to provide students from affluent elementary schools with nutritional advantages, as well as to increase children’s self-esteem and improve their health.