SC Post Matric Scholarship:- In order to promote education, both the State Government and Central Government launched various schemes. These schemes are launched sometimes according to the income criteria and sometimes according to the category of the student. So in order to fulfill the objective of promoting education among all the students of the country the government has launched the SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023. Through this article, we are going to give you complete details regarding this scheme like what is SC Post matric Scholarship scheme. Its eligibility, benefits, features, objective, required documents, application procedure, etc. So if you have interested to grab every single detail regarding the Scheme then read this article very carefully till the end.
Table of Contents
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme 2023
SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 is a centrally sponsored scheme that has been started by the Central Government and is implemented through state government administration and union territories administration. Under this scheme, financial assistance to scheduled caste students is provided at the post-matric level so that they can continue with their education without facing any financial hurdles. It must be noted that the scheme is available for getting an education only in India. This scheme is awarded by the Government of the state where the applicant permanently resides. The total number of slots under this scheme is 4200. Under this scheme, SC students pursuing studies beyond the 12th class will be given scholarships.
Details of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
|Name of the scheme
|SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
|To provide scholarships to scheduled caste students
|To provide scholarship to scheduled caste students
Objective Of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The main objective of SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 is to provide scholarships to all those students who belong to a scheduled caste and are not able to finance their education due to their financial condition. With the successful implementation of the scheme, all the students of scheduled caste will get financial assistance. Every student will get their basic right to education. Under this scheme, SC students pursuing education beyond class 12th will be considered. All the institutions that are notified by the Ministry Of Social Justice and Empowerment will be covered under this scheme.
SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Implementation
For the effective implementation of the SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 the state government requires to formulate guidelines in order to assess the eligibility of beneficiaries and institutions. The State government will receive assistance from the central government for the total expenditure of the scheme. Every year the scheme will announce in May-June. All those students who belong to some other state and are studying in some other states will be given scholarships by the state to which they belong.
Scholarship Amount Under SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Full Tuition Fees(including non-refundable charges): Rs 2 lakh per annum for students studying in private sector institutions and Rs 3.72 lakh per annum for private sector flying club
- Living Expenses: Rs 3000/- per month per student
- Books and stationary: Rs 5000/- per annum per student
- For Computer/Laptop: Rs 45000/- one-time assistance
Note: The Ministry Of Social justice and empowerment will fund this SC Scholarship. Tuition fees and non-refundable charges will be directly paid to the institution by the central government through DBT mode and the payment of other expenses will be made directly into the bank account of students by DBT method.
Some Important Provisions Of The Scheme
- All the Institutions require to incorporate the silent features of SC Post Matric Scholarship 2023 in their prospectus.
- The Central government has designed to function on an online platform.
- This online portal will verify eligibility, caste status, aadhaar verification & delivery of assistance within a time period.
- The students may submit their applications through the National Scholarship Portal
- Institutes will verify the applications on the NSP portal.
- All Institutions have to follow the limit of slots assigned to them
- The new entrants will select according to the entrance examination merit list
- The institution should verify all the details before forwarding it to the ministry
- Students require to purchase computer/laptop in the first year
- Students should have submitted the bill of purchase while applying for the scholarship
- If any institution will find violating the provisions of the scheme then that institution will denotify.
- If some institution has denotified then scholarships will continue to be available for the SC students already admitted under this scheme till the completion of the course
Benefits And Features Of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme that was started by the central government
- This scheme will implement through state government administration.
- The scheme of financial assistance to scheduled caste students is provided
- This financial assistance is provided only at the post-matric level
- Because of this scheme, students can continue their education despite having financial hurdles
- Applicants can avail of the scheme only for getting an education in India
- The scholarship is awarded by the government of the state where the applicant resides
- Only those students can take benefit from the scheme whose parent’s income is not more than Rs 800000
- The performance of the scheme will be evaluated by the Ministry Of Social justice and empowerment once in 3 years
- The States Government require to formulate guidelines in order to access the eligibility of beneficiaries and Institutions under this scheme
- The state government will receive assistance from the central government for the expenditure of this scheme
- The total number of slots under the Scheme is 4200
- Under the scheme, SC students pursuing education beyond class 12th will be considered
- All Institutions notified by the Ministry Of Social justice will be covered under the scheme
- Once this scholarship is awarded to a student, it will continue till the completion of the course
Eligibility Criteria Of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India
- Applicant must be studying at the post-matric level
- The applicant must belong to the SC category
- If the applications received are more than the available slots then the government will give the scholarship to the top students according to merit
- If there is more than one student with equal marks then the scholarship will be given to the student having a lower family income.
- 30% of Available slots will reserve for SC girl students
- Only 2 students of a single family can take benefit of the scheme
- The applicant’s parent’s income should not be more than Rs 800000
- If the student fails to get promoted to the next semester or class then the scholarship will be terminated
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Residence proof
- Age proof
- ID card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank details
Online Application Procedure Of SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- First of all, go to the official website of the national scholarship portal
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage, you have to click on the new registration
- Now you have to tick the declaration after reading all the rules and regulations
- After that, you have to click on continue
- After that, a new form will open before you
- You have to enter all the required details like your name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, etc
- After that, you have to click on the register
- Now you have to login through your student registration id
- Now you have to click on the application form icon
- And Now an application form will display on your screen
- You have to select the scholarship category
- After that, you have to enter all the required information in this form like your name, date of birth, father’s name, Aadhar card number, mobile number, etc.
- After that you have to click on save and continue
- Now you have to upload all the required documents
- After that, you have to click on Final submission
- By following this procedure you can apply for the Scheme
Offline Application Procedure Of SC Post Matric Scholarship
- Go to the concerned department of the scheme
- Now you have to take the application form for the Scheme from the concerned department
- After that, you have to fill in all the required information in this form
- Now you have to attach all the required documents
- After that, you have to submit this form to the same department.
Note:- If you want to get more updated information regarding the SC New Post Matric Scholarship then stay with us in the future because here we will provide you with each piece of information as soon as the concerned department will release it.