Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child:- The fellowship, which intends to foster research that will result in the awarding of a Ph.D. and provide financial assistance for the education of children who are raised by a single parent, does not have a predetermined number of open positions. This fellowship will be awarded for a total of five years throughout its term. In today’s article, we will talk about the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child. We would also like to share with our viewers the objectives, eligibility, and application procedure of this fellowship scheme.
Table of Contents
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child 2023
The phrase “single girl kid” refers to a scenario in which there is just one female child in a family and none of the other children are male. Under this program, a female scholar who is one of the twin daughters or a fraternal daughter is also entitled to apply for a fellowship in her field of study. In the event that a family already has one or more sons in addition to their only daughter, the daughter will not be eligible for a fellowship under the given programme.
At the time of filling out the online application, proof of being a single girl child needs to be submitted on an affidavit of Rs.100/- Stamp paper from the parents. This affidavit needs to be duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Tahsildar according to the prescribed proforma (Annexure I). In the event that both of the candidate’s parents have passed away, the candidate’s guardian may submit the affidavit on their behalf.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child Objectives
- To provide financial assistance to lone mother children who are pursuing higher education in the social sciences.
- To acknowledge the significance of upholding the standards of a small family unit.
- To acknowledge the social norm of a family consisting of a single mother and her children.
- To disseminate the idea that having a daughter alone is the norm.
- To encourage and support single women in the community.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Benefits
- Many benefits are given in the fellowship, such as:
- Under this program, junior research fellows will be given 31,000 RS per month.
- Under this program, senior research fellows will be given 35,000 RS per month.
- Also, Divyang scholars will also be given 35,000 Rs per month.
- It’s possible that the scholars will be supplied with dormitory housing (HRA)
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Any single female child of her parents pursuing a Ph.D. at a recognized university/college/institute is eligible.
- The plan is for single girls in full-time Ph.D. programs.
- Part-time/distance Ph.D. admission isn’t supported.
- If the research is open/part-time distance education or part-time, the scholar is not eligible for a fellowship.
- Girl students up to 40 years of age in the general category and 45 years old for SC/ST/OBC and PWD are eligible.
- Only the following categories of institutions are eligible for this fellowship:
- Central/State Universities have valid NAAC certification under clause 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Deemed universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 with NAAC certification.
- Government-funded, degree-granting institutions.
- Nationally-important institutions.
- Non-teaching employees of any university/college/HEI*/Central/State/UT government is not eligible for the fellowship.
- a scholar who has completely or partially availed any fellowship for Ph.D earlier under any scheme shall also not be eligible for fellowship under the scheme.
Required Documents for Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship
- Aadhar is linked and verified with mobile phones.
- bank account
- Mobile Number
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Application Procedure
A brief announcement has also been posted on the website of the UGC, which may be found at www.ugc.ac.in.
- The one applying to this scheme must first visit the official website.
- Home page will appear in front of you and there will be a section for Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child.
- Under this section, you have two options for new users and log in.
- Click on “New User” and a new page will be opened in front of you with the name of registration.
- On this registration page, you have to fill in the information such as the basic details like mother’s name, father’s name, category, gender, mobile number, date of birth, email id, address, and Aadhar number.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Then click on the submit button.
- This is the complete process for applying.