SASSA Payment Date:- The payment dates for the February 2024 Old Persons, Disability, Child Support, and Social Relief of Distress award have been announced by the South African Social Security Agency. Read the article below to learn more about the SASSA Payment Date.
Table of Contents
SASSA Payment Date 2024
The SASSA will begin delivering the new grant benefits with the updated benefit rates for all central programmes in January 2024. Financial assistance is provided by the South African Social Security Agency to qualified South Africans. These are all the central programmes that are available each month to those who are eligible for them. The Department of Social Development, which lessens corruption and improves services for people, administers social handouts.
SASSA Payment Date Details in Highlights
|SASSA Payment Date
|South African Social Security Agency
|Federal Government of South Africa
|Sassa r350 payment dates 2024
|2nd February, 2024, 5th february,2024 & 6th February, 2024
SASSA Grant Payments for Children, Old Age, and Disability
People who are unable to provide for their basic needs and those of their families are eligible for temporary support through the Social Relief of Distress programme. Through this programme, users can purchase the necessary goods and services with vouchers, or in social provinces, the government provides financial assistance. From February 25 to January 31, 2024, the SASSA will award the SRD SASSA R350 Grant in January.
Objective of SASSA Grant Payments
The South African Social Security Agency is administered by SASSA, a Federal Government organisation. Millions of people receive welfare subsidies from the government owing to this agency. The goal of this assistance is to improve the health, education, and standard of living of the elderly, children, and jobless. The recipients of these grants can pay about 60% of their monthly expenses.
R350 Grant Payment Date
The R350 Grant refers to the COVID-19 social relief. Lower-class Africans are provided with financial assistance under this programme to alleviate their poverty and obtain basic security as a result of the pandemic. These grants are also given to unemployed people as a result of losing their work due to the pandemic. The R350 will be distributed on January 3, 2024, to elderly people; on January 4, 2024, to people with disabilities; and on January 5, 2024, to youngsters.
|Old age grants
|February 3, 2024
|February 4, 2024
|February 5, 2024
The applicant must apply through SASSA’s main portal to be eligible for the R350 grants. It provides the online application along with other methods of application to those who meet the eligibility requirements. This comprises those without a job, those between the ages of 18 and 60, and those who do not get any other social benefits.
Eligibility Criteria for the February SRD SASSA R350 Grant
To be eligible for these grants, the people receiving them must meet the following requirements:
- The age range that applies is 18 to 59 years old.
- holding a permanent residence permit in South Africa.
- possessing a maximum monthly income of R624 or less.
- not being eligible for any additional government social grants.
- having been registered as a refugee and a permanent resident of South Africa.
A temporary financial help programme called SRD SASSA R350 provides monthly support to eligible individuals. The applicant seeking to sign up for this programme to get assistance for their children, disability, or old age. They had to meet these requirements for eligibility.
The SRD SASSA R350 Grant February rates are anticipated to rise by 5% for each social security programme starting in 2024. The beneficiaries would receive monthly payouts ranging from R350 to R2080 as a result.
How Can I Apply for SASSA R350?
To apply and get benefits, the recipient who satisfies the eligibility requirements needs to take the specified actions.
- Visit the SASSA’s main website.
- There is an option to apply online on the portal’s front page.
- Enter your phone number and one-time PIN after clicking that.
- You will be taken to the new website after entering the PIN. Choose the programme here.
- Next, complete the necessary fields, include the appropriate, legitimate papers with the application, and submit it.
How can I find out the SASSA Grant 2024 Status?
Follow the steps below to check the SASSA Grant 2024 status.
- Go to the official website i.e. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/soe/south-african-social-security-agency-sassa
- After selecting the “Grants” tab, pick the particular grant for which you have applied.
- “Track Your Application Status” should be clicked.
- Enter the phone number you used to apply for the job and your ID number.
- Press “Submit.”
- This will show you the status of your application right now, indicating if it’s accepted, denied, or pending.
The beneficiaries will get the R350 Payment between February 2 and February 6, 2024.
$2100 has been awarded to the beneficiaries under the R350 payment.
The R350 Payment 2024 is coordinated by the Social Security Agency of South Africa.