SAMARTH Admission Portal:- The Government of Assam has launched a universal online admission site called SAMARTH in an effort to simplify the admission process for Undergraduate Programmes in all Higher Education Institutes of Assam. According to Assam’s New Education Policy 2020, SAMARTH Admission Portal would make it easier to submit applications for admission to BA, BCom, BSc, and other programs online. Further information related to Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal is mentioned below in this article.
Table of Contents
SAMARTH Admission Portal 2023
The National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology NMEICT-II (now NMEICT-III) launched the “Samarth” initiative by the Ministry of Education in 2019, with the goal of enabling universities and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) through a digital framework for planning, managing, delivering, and monitoring of services for students, staff, and other stakeholders. As part of the project, HEIs are given access to a comprehensive ERP that is fully managed, cloud-based, and designed specifically for HEIs in the nation.
Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal Details in Highlights
|Name of portal:||SAMARTH Admission Portal|
|Date of launch of the portal:||14th June 2023, 6 PM|
|Name of course:||Four Year Under Graduate Programme (FYUGP)|
|Duration of course:||4 years|
|Name of department:||Directorate of Higher Education, Assam|
Objective of SAMARTH Admission Portal
Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal is an integrated admissions portal that allows students to apply for admission to the desired course and institution at all government- and privately-funded colleges and universities in Assam. Students would no longer need to travel from location to location to submit their admission forms.
Additionally, students who register on the platform can submit applications to ten universities of their choice. On the basis of merit, the student would be admitted to the college and course of their choice. In addition to being practical, the portal would help students save money.
SAMARTH Admission Portal Benefits
Both students and institutions will gain a lot from using the SAMARTH Admission Portal. Here are some of those advantages.
- Students won’t have to deal with the inconveniences of submitting separate applications to several universities.
- Admission overlap shall be prevented.
- Reduce the costs associated with maintaining the ERP system at the institutional level for colleges and universities.
- There are no issues with the digital platform’s upkeep and no costs incurred by the college while using the digital platform.
- SAMARTH will be connected to the Assam government’s fee waiver program. In light of this, only students who apply using the SAMARTH platform will be eligible for fee waivers for all worthy students.
Assam College Admission 2023 Important Dates
Following are the important dates for Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal
|Starting date of submission of online application:||14th June 2023|
|Last date for submission of the online Application:||28th June 2023 Publication of 1st Merit List: 4th July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission (1st List):||7th July 2023|
|Publication of 2nd Merit List||8th July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission (2nd List):||11th July 2023|
|Publication of 3rd Merit List:||12th July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission (3rd List):||15th July 2023|
|Spot offline admission:||17th to 18th July 2023|
|Starting date of submission of online application: 14th June 2023||14th June 2023|
List of Participating Universities
The universities and independent institutions in Assam that took part in the SAMARTH Online Admission process will be listed in this section.
- Assam Science and Technology University
- Bhattadev University
- Bodoland University
- Dibrugarh University
- Gauhati University
- Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient Studies University
- Madhabdev University
- Majuli University of Culture
- Rabindranath Tagore University
- Arya Vidyapeeth College (Autonomous)
- Furkating College (Autonomous)
- Jagannath Barooah College (Autonomous)
- North Lakhimpur College (Autonomous)
- Nowgong College (Autonomous)
- Sibsagar College Joysagar (Autonomous)
Documents Needed for Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal
Students need to upload the following documents in desired formats as well as sizes to complete their application process.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- HSLC/ Equivalent Registration Certificate
- HSLC/ Equivalent Admit Card
- HSLC/ Equivalent Marksheet
- HSLC/ Equivalent Pass Certificate
- HS/ Equivalent Registration Certificate
- HS/ Equivalent Marksheet
- HS/ Equivalent Pass Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate (As Applicable)
- Disability Certificate (As Applicable)
- TGL or Ex-TGL Certificate (As Applicable)
How can I Apply for admission to an Assam College via SAMARTH Admission Portal?
The Assam government has ended the previous UG admissions method as of the current academic year. All students who passed the Higher Secondary final exam must now apply online for Bachelor’s degree programs through the Samarth Portal.
After completing the online application procedure, students can accept admission at the college of their choice based on a merit list. The following provides more details about the Samarth Online Admission Process.
- Go to the official website of the Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal.
- Click on the New registration option if you are not already registered.
- Enter the registration details and get yourself registered successfully.
- Open the link to the online application form.
- Register yourself by providing your contact information.
- After that, enter all the necessary personal and academic data.
- Upload your academic records and any other necessary documents.
- Complete the form and submit it. There will be a receipt for recognition created.
- Print out the completed form and the acknowledgment copy as well.
Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal FAQ’s
According to the New Education Policy 2020, the SAMARTH Admission gateway is an online gateway for Assam’s UG course admissions.
Beginning on June 14, 2023, applicants can submit their online applications using the SAMARTH Admission Portal.
The deadline to submit an online application through the SAMARTH Admission Portal is June 28, 2023.