The Student Police Cadet Scheme was introduced by Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann on Tuesday in order to give students a chance “to understand the police system and become active partners in governance and security. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features and benefits, Registration Process, and much more.
Table of Contents
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
The SPC Scheme was launched by Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday in an effort to familiarise pupils with how the police agency operates. According to the plan, beginning with the current academic year 2023–2024, class 8 students will receive two years of instruction in the course curriculum developed by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD).
Student Police Cadet Scheme Paunjab Details in Highlights
|Name||Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Punjab|
|Introduced by||Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann|
|Introduced on||22-August-2023, Tuesday|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Punjab|
Punjab SPC Scheme Objective
The purpose of the SPC Scheme is to provide students the chance to actively participate in government and security while also being familiar with how the police operate up close. According to the plan, students will tour police stations, offices, cyber cells, forensic science labs, police training facilities, and other governmental organizations as part of their coursework.
Features & Benefits of Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the SPC Scheme are as follows:
- To educate students about how the police work, CM Bhagwant Mann introduced the Student Police Cadet Scheme.
- The departments coordinating the implementation of this plan are the Division of Community Affairs, the police, and education.
- A total of 11,200 kids have been enrolled in the program, representing 40 pupils from each of the 280 government schools.
- In class 9th during the school year 2024–2025, the same students will continue the program.
- Each school would receive Rs 50,000 annually under this program, which the state government has earmarked for all districts.
- As part of a coordinated effort with police officials, the professors will serve as resource people to conduct classes both inside and outside.
- Students will learn about traffic laws and rules, how to march in Republic Day and Independence Day parades, unarmed combat training, legal rights and laws training, and an internship program with the police performing various law enforcement responsibilities.
- Students will learn in-depth information about a variety of subjects, including a survey of crimes in trends, cybercrime, child safety, traffic safety, awareness sessions on drug abuse, corruption, female foeticide, first aid, emergency response to disasters, domestic violence, and quiz contests.
Punjab SPC Scheme Eligibility
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Punjab.
- Students from class 8 only are selected now under this scheme.
Registration Process for Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme
The Government of Punjab has recently introduced the Student Police Cadet Scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.