Pudhumai Penn Scheme:- M K Stalin and Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated a social welfare initiative and model school scheme in Tamil Nadu. The Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Scheme, often known as the “Pudhumai Penn Scheme” was then officially started by the Chief Minister, Stalin. The program would provide monetary assistance to young women who are enrolled in educational institutions. In addition, this program is geared toward improving the general well-being of female students and encouraging them to continue their education. The article discusses the Puthumai Penn Scheme, including its aims, relevance, and advantages. We will also discuss the key features of this plan.
Table of Contents
Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2023
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin inaugurated ‘Pudhumai Penn’ on September 5 in Chennai. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was there. In Chennai, Bharathi Women’s College had an event. During the ceremony, Mr. Kejriwal presented 26 schools of excellence and 15 model schools established by the Tamil Nadu government in imitation of his AAP administration in Delhi.
As the name suggests, Pudhumai Penn, which means modern woman, so the name of the scheme has been kept to remind people that the scheme is not just financial aid but also focuses on modern times. This Pudhumai Penn is a “revolutionary plan” that “is going to be pathbreaking and revolutionary in the next few years because of the wisdom to concentrate on modern times.”
Because the country’s education system is deteriorating, the majority of people are in favor of improving and concentrating on education. Therefore, the state government has taken steps to improve education, and one of the steps in helping the education system is launching the Pudhumai Penn Scheme. This initiative also prioritizes the education of female residents. Mr. Stalin established the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammayar memorial ‘Puthumai Penn’ (Modern Woman) Scheme, which stipulated that female students who attended government schools from grades 6 to 12 and were interested in pursuing higher education were eligible to receive a monthly stipend of 1,000 rupees.
Tamil Nadu Puthumai Penn Scheme Objectives
Most people support the concept of upgrading and concentrating on education since the country’s education system is deteriorating. The initiative includes focusing on girl students who need financial help in learning. This indicates that this program is also aimed at educating female residents. This program, known as the Pudhumai Penn plan, is intended to be of assistance to economically disadvantaged families who, because of financial restraints, are unable to send their daughters to college. The Pudhumai Penn Scheme helps student girls in their crucial career periods of life to excel by providing them with basic money of Rs 1000 to support their education.
Pudhumai Penn Scheme Benefits
The following is a list of the advantages of the Pudhumai Penn Scheme:
- The Pudhumai Penn Scheme is different from other schemes since it focuses on providing financial assistance, encouraging female students to continue their education, and discouraging parents and guardians from allowing their daughters to be married at a young age.
- Because of the foresight to focus on contemporary circumstances, the Puthumai Penn Scheme is going to usher in a new era of innovation within the next several years.
- A monetary award of Rs 1,000 per month will be provided to female students who are pursuing an education till they have either graduated or earned a certificate or diploma, irrespective of the field.
- Because it is common knowledge that female students in our country are discouraged from pursuing an education, this program offers a boost to the confidence of young women.
- The scheme aims to help 6 lakh females per year and has been budgeted at Rs 698 crore.
- Under Pudhumai Penn, money would be immediately paid to student bank accounts to assure their education. This means there will be no mediator in receiving money, just the children and the bank.
- The plan discourages child marriages and empowers women. They shouldn’t accept anything that hurts their pride.
- Debit cards were given out to a total of 613 students during the initial phase of the plan.
- Talking about the initial stage of the scheme, this will be beneficial to around 6,500 students in the Tiruchi district who are now enrolled in institutions of the arts, sciences, and engineering.
Pudhumai Penn Scheme Eligibility
The basic eligibility requirements for the scheme are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India living in Tamil Nadu State.
- The applicant must be a student.
- Students must be studying in class 6th to class 12th
- An applicant must be a girl in order to receive benefits from this scheme.
Documents Neeeded to Apply
The documents needed for the scheme are listed below:
- Aadhar card or voter ID.
- Residential Proof.
- Guardian’s/ parents’ mobile number.
How to Apply for Pudhumai Penn Scheme
- To apply for the scheme, the applicant has to visit the official website of the scheme.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
- On the homepage, you have to select the login option as Institute /college
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the login details if you are already registered or click on the registration option.
- After successful registration, login successfully.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents and check the given information.
- Now click on the submit option