Passport Status Check:- Everyone who needs to leave the country must have a passport. A passport is a legitimate document that serves as official identification for any nation and verifies that the applicant’s information is accurate and current. Furthermore, all they had to do to apply was do it online. They can periodically check the status of the passport after applying. In today’s article, we will talk about how to Check Passport Status after anyone applies in India. The procedure is simple and easy, and it only takes a few minutes.
Table of Contents
Passport Application Status Meaning
|Not Available means
|Your application is still making its way to us, according to this notification. It may take up to two weeks from the time you apply until your application status at one of our passport offices or centers is “In Process”.
|In Process means
|Your application is now being examined by one of our centers or organizations. The length of time it takes for us to complete your application depends on the service you choose and our current turnaround times.
|We are now going to begin producing your completed passport after thoroughly reviewing your application.
|Your passport will be sent to the address you gave in your application, your passport will be sent. Visit our online passport status system to find the tracking number.
Passport Status Check Overview
|Passport status check
|Government Of India
Passport Status Check Objectives
When we applied for passports in the past, there was only one way to check the status, and that technique was active in the official buildings to verify the status. To just verify the passport’s status requires an hour. The government has concluded that all services should be handled digitally in light of these issues. The official website makes it simple to monitor the status of a passport, helping applicants and saving them time.
Eligibility to Track Passport Application Status
To check the status, applicants must have:
- Passport file number and applicant’s date of birth
Passport Status Check Via Official Website
From time to time, after applying for a passport, you need to check the status. The procedure is simple and easy; just follow as it is shown in the given steps below.
- Visit the official website of “Passport Seva. The homepage will appear.
- Choose the “Track Your Application Status” link or Directly Click Here
- Choose the passport type from the list of possibilities in the drop-down menu.
- Your 15-digit file number and birthdate must be entered in the correct manner.
- The current status of your application will be shown on the screen when you click “Track Status.”
- The next page will display the status.
Track Passport Application Status Offline
Follow the steps below to check the status of your application offline.
- Through SMS: You may receive information on the progress of your passport application directly on your phone. Send “STATUS FILE Phone” to 9704100100 from your registered mobile number.
- During the application period, you have the option to choose this premium SMS service.
- National Call Center: The toll-free number to contact the National Call Center is 1800-258-1800. The hours of operation for a Citizen Service Executive are 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Please be aware: The following contact information is available for Jammu & Kashmir and North-East state residents to use for communication. J&K UT – 040-66720567(paid), North-east States – 040-66720581(paid)
Passport Status Check Via Seva App
- An applicant may simply follow the status of their passport application using the smartphone app mPassport Seva. Additionally, you may use other features like scheduling appointments and registering.
- Both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets may use this mobile application.
- To verify the progress of this application for a passport, follow these simple steps.
- Get the mPassport Seva app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Enter your name, email address, and birthdate to register.
- Opt for “Status Tracker.” To check the progress of your passport application, input your D.O.B and the 15-digit file number.
Passport Dispatch and Delivery Status
A passport is sent to the applicant after it has been approved and has been processed under all the official processes. Indian Speed Post mostly dispatches applicants’ passports with the present address which was mentioned in the passport form. So therefore if any applicant wants to track the status of the passport delivery this can be done by checking the speed post in the tracking utility.
The real-time delivery status can be delayed so it is better to contact the nearest Speed Post Centre regarding the passport. If the speed post cannot locate the location of the applicant then the passport is returned then the only option is to contact the Regional Passport Office for further help.
- In order to check the dispatch in delivery status you must first know the 13-digit tracking number from the tracking application status. This number is available on the official passport Seva website.
- A place to visit the website click on the tools available on the website and navigate to the track consignment.
- Then Enter the 13-digit tracking number in the “Consignment Number” section. Then, click “Search.”
- If you do not notice any delivery tracking data, this means that your passport has not been dispatched.