The Mukhyamantri Matsyajibi Kalyan Yojana, which would assist over a lakh fishermen, 50,000 fish growers, and over 11,000 women’s self-help groups (WSHGs), was introduced by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday. Fishermen were urged to take advantage of the new programme by the chief minister. According to him, the state administration has taken a number of actions to protect the social and nutritional security of fishermen and increase their earnings. Read below to check the detailed information related to Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana like Highlights, Objectives, Features and Benefits, and much more.
Table of Contents
Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana 2023
On the occasion of World Fisheries Day on Tuesday, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the Mukhyamantri Matsyajibi Kalyan Yojana (MMKY) for the benefit of Odisha’s fishermen. The project would be executed at a cost of Rs 448 crore this financial year, involving up to 16 welfare programmes. Its goal is to make over a lakh fisherman in the state better off financially. The chief minister said via video conference that the MMKY would involve the participation of 50,000 fishermen and over 11,000 women’s self-help groups. Declaring that the programme is intended to improve the welfare of the fisherman, he made a plea to them to utilise it to improve their financial situation.
In the past 20 years, fish farming has increased fourfold. Currently, marine product exports are about Rs 4,500 crore. In terms of fish hatchling production, the state is now self-sufficient. Minister of Fisheries and Animal Resources Ranendra Pratap Swain also addressed at the event. In attendance were Agriculture University vice-chancellor Prof. Prabhat Kumar Raul, development commissioner Anu Garg, chief secretary Pradip Kumar Jena, and other top executives.
Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana Highlights
|Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana
|Government of Odisha
|Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
|Tuesday, 22 – November – 2023
|Fishermen, fish growers, women’s self-help groups (WSHGs)
|to strengthen the communities of fishermen
Objective of Odisha MMKY Scheme
The main goal of the Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana is to boost fish production and generate jobs in the industry. There are plenty of water resources in our state that can help individuals support themselves. The MMKY concentrates on providing fisherman with the means to start a pisciculture business and increase their income
Features and Benefits of Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana
Some of the key features and benefits of Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana are as follows:
- On Tuesday, World Fisheries Day, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the Mukhyamantri Matsyajibi Kalyan Yojana (MMKY)
- It aims to strengthen the communities of fishermen
- For current financial year, the state has set aside Rs 448 crore for the 16-program initiative.
- The state’s fish production has increased four times during the previous 20 years.
- Currently, marine exports are about Rs 4,500 crore.
- The state’s 5T policy will be used to implement the new programme
- It will benefit over 11,000 women’s self-help groups, 50,000 fish farmers, and over one lakh fishermen.
- Odisha hopes to become self-reliant in the fisheries sector through these measures, according to Agriculture Minister Ranedra Pratap Swain.
- Odisha was the first state to increase fish output by implementing the Odisha Reservoir Policy 2012 and the Odisha Fisheries Policy 2015.
- Odisha’s production of fingerlings has become self-sufficient.
- The program will revolutionise pisciculture and provide enormous advantages for fishermen throughout the region.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha MMKY Scheme
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Odisha state.
- Only Fishermen, fish growers, women’s self-help groups are eligible for this scheme.
Odisha Mukhyamantri Maschyajibi Kalyan Yojana Application Process
There is no certain application process officially released by the government for this scheme as of 21st November 2023. No official website has been released yet by the government. As soon as there is any update officially released by the government under this scheme, we will update you here through this article. So, stay connected with us and keep visiting our website.