Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana:- The Odisha government introduced a welfare program for truck drivers and other workers, under which their surviving family members will receive an ex-gratia payment of Rs. 4 lakhs in the event of an accident. State Transport Minister Tukuni Sahoo told reporters here on Monday that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had approved the creation of a welfare board to carry out the program. This will help the beneficiary and his family with their financial difficulties. Both online and offline submissions of applications will be accepted for the Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme.
Table of Contents
Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2023
The government of Odisha has launched the Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme for drivers and staff of motor vehicles. According to this plan, support will be given by the state government in the event that a motor vehicle driver or employee perishes in a traffic accident or suffers an accident while doing work-related duties. This aid sum will only be awarded to the applicant if he sustains injuries in a motor vehicle accident, allowing him to receive medical care at a reputable facility.
Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme Details in Highlights
|Scheme Name||Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana|
|Initiated by||Government of Odisha|
|Beneficiary||Odisha state’s Employees or Drivers|
|Benefit||Providing assistance Amount to road accident victims|
|Assistance Amount||80,000 to 4 lakh rupees|
|Application Process||Online / Offline|
Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana Objective
The scheme’s principal goal is to lower the state’s fatality rate by providing financial assistance from the government to employees or drivers who suffer injuries in traffic accidents.
Features of Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana
Some of the key features of the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana are as follows:
- Providing financial support to those injured in car accidents
- The aid payment is deposited into the applicant’s bank account.
- Making capable recipients independent and powerful
- Enhancing the state of employees and drivers
Benefits of Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana are as follows:
- The state government established the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme to give drivers and staff financial protection.
- The applicant’s financial situation would get better by taking advantage of the Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme.
- In the event of a fatality, multiple injuries, a permanent handicap, or a natural death, the Motor Vehicle Drivers and Workers Welfare Scheme offers financial support to the recipients.
- Employees and their families will have insurance thanks to the Motor Vehicle Drivers and Employees Welfare Scheme.
- Every driver and employee of the Motor Vehicles Department of Odisha will now have life insurance protection thanks to this program.
- About 5 lakh motor vehicle operators and employees will profit from the program.
- Throughout the state, this approach has been employed.
- The death rate from traffic accidents will go down thanks to this plan.
Assistance Amount Under Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana
The welfare program will help close to 5 lakh drivers and laborers who operate motor vehicles. Serious injuries will result in a payment of Rs 80,000. The welfare board would first receive financial support from the state government for carrying out the program. The board will organize resources later using the registration fee and owner donations. The program provides Rs 2 lakh to drivers and employees’ surviving relatives in the event of a natural death. Any motor vehicle operator or employee is also qualified to get financial help in the amount of Rs. 1.5 lakh in the event of a permanent handicap
|In case of Injury||80,000/- Rupees|
|Death in Road Accident||4 Lakh Rupees|
|On Natural Death||2 lakh Rupees|
|In case of Permanent disability||1.5 lakh Rupees|
Eligibility Criteria for Scheme
The applicants applying for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must live in the state of Odisha permanently.
- Both employees and drivers of motor vehicles will be able to make use of the program’s benefits.
- Aadhaar must be connected to the applicant’s bank account.
Required Documents to Apply
Some of the important documents required for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana are as follows:
- Passport size photo
- Mobile number
- Domicile Certificate
- ID card of Odisha Motor Vehicles Department
- Bank Account Details
- Doctor’s prescription (in case of injury)
- Death Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Application Procedure for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana
The Government of Odisha has recently introduced the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana, feel free to contact on the below-given Helpline Number
Helpline Number: 1800-345-1073