Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme:- According to statements made by state minister Neiba Kronu during a news conference, the Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIS) would be implemented in convergence with the Ayushman Bharat scheme being run by the central government. The goal of the program is to help families deal with the high cost of hospitalization and to get rid of the problem of people who can’t get medical care because they can’t pay for it. State residents will also have more affordable healthcare than ever. noting that any disease requiring hospitalization could cost the house too much. In today’s article, we will talk about Nagaland’s health insurance scheme objectives and important features.
Table of Contents
Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme 2022
The “Chief Minister Universal Health Insurance Scheme” was introduced to the citizens of the state of Nagaland by Neiphiu Rio, the current CM of the state. The plan would be executed in conjunction with the Central Government’s Ayushman Bharat scheme. Also in the first group will be state government employees, pensioners, MLAs, ex-MLAs, and staff of state PSUs and other organizations that get a monthly medical allowance or reimbursement for themselves and their dependent families. In this category, Rs 20 lakh is given to each family as a single sum.
CMHIS is a significant step toward achieving the Nagaland Sustainable Development Goal Vision 2030, which was introduced in August 2021. This goal envisions that by the year 2030, the people of the state of Nagaland will be provided with equitable, affordable, and high-quality healthcare services. All indigenous and permanent inhabitants of the state who are not participants of Ayushman Bharat or any other publicly financed insurance program will be included in the CMHIS category of the program.
The amount insured for this category would be equivalent to that of Ayushman Bharat and will be set at Rs 5 lakh per family per year on a floater basis.
The recipients of benefits under the CMHIS (General) will be eligible to receive more than 1,950 medical and surgical care packages. They have access to medical care at any of the hospitals in India that are participating in the Ayushman Bharat program.
On the other hand, users of the CMHIS (EP) would be eligible for benefits that are comparable to those provided by the Central Government Health Scheme to workers of the central government. These patients are eligible to get treatment at any of the hospitals that are participating in the CGHS.
The program is a welfare program that is special to our state, and it is designed to provide our citizens with the guarantee that they will have greater access to medical services than they have ever had before. It is a well-established fact that many households are pushed into abject poverty or experience tremendous difficulty after incurring financial obligations for medical care.
Nagaland Health Insurance Scheme Details in Highlights
|Health Insurance Scheme
|Scheme Launch Year
|Citizens of the state of Nagaland
CM Health Insurance Scheme Objectives
A risk in health insurance was introduced by the Nagaland AIIMS only for the purpose of assisting individuals and families in obtaining healthcare and giving them access to financial aid. They’ve never had a chance to become effective before, so this is their best shot at treating people from the general public and government employees who have been forced to go out of state for medical care until now.
The goal of the program is to increase citizens’ access to high-quality, reasonably priced healthcare; lower catastrophic hospitalization costs; increase citizens’ access to high-quality healthcare; lower unmet needs; and lower out-of-pocket health costs for the entire province of Nagaland. It will also enhance service delivery and consumer satisfaction.
Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme Benefits
Benefits involving the (CMHIS) are listed below.
- Up to the value of their yearly allowance, all Scheme Beneficiaries shall have access to cashless and paperless services.
- The strategy for controlling for each Benefactor Family Unit (BFU) shall involve hospitalization and medicine expenses coverage, as well as cost for pre- and post-hospitalization care.
- Additionally, it also includes care for medical conditions and diseases requiring secondary and tertiary-level medical and surgical care, as well as defined daycare procedures and follow-up care.
- The sum Insured in respect of the Risk Cover for each CMHIS BFU shall be Rs. 5,00,000 per family per annum.
Nagaland Health Insurance Scheme Eligibility
- Eligibility for the scheme is that applicants must be from the state of Nagaland.
Health Insurance Scheme Documents
Documents under the scheme are:
- Valid Ration card
- And identification details.
- Adhar Card
- Address proof.
- Mobile number
Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme Registration Process
- In order to self-register go to the official website i.e. cmhis.nagaland.gov.
- The homepage will appear.
- Click on the register button on the homepage.
- A new page will appear
- Enter login details such as Register email id or mobile number and then Password.
- Click the login button and a new page will open.
- Complete the form (Registration of households under General Population).
- Print out the completed form.
- Sign the printer paper form.
- countersigned by a district administration-authorized signatory.
- Scan the signed paper, then upload it together with any other required supporting documentation.