Meghalaya Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Online Registration & Application Form, Eligibility & Benefits | As the name suggests, the “Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme” this scheme is concerned with pigs and their breeding. A welfare scheme for farmers in Meghalaya so that they can earn a better livelihood through livestock farming, especially through piggery. The government said that through different welfare schemes, the government is satisfactorily offering revenue generation possibilities and economic wealth to farmers. In today’s article, we will learn about this scheme and its objectives and benefits. We will also go over the requirements and documents for the Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme.
Meghalaya Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme 2023
On the 10th of August, the CM of Meghalaya announced the Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme. The Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad K. Sangma, said that the “Progress” program of the state is intended to guarantee that the farmers of the state earn a sustainable existence via various activities related to livestock husbandry. The Chief Minister stated during the launch event of the “Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme” that the government is successfully providing income generation opportunities and economic prosperity to the farmers through various welfare schemes. He said that Meghalaya purchases 18,000 MT of pork from other states. The state plans to alleviate the deficit in pork supply through a strategy that includes the raising of pigs and all measures to be taken to do so.
The scheme ensures the prosperity of low-income households via the intervention of livestock. This livestock intervention comprises pig farming, poultry farming, and more. The Scheme- phase 1 has been allocated Rs 15.18 crore by the government, and as part of this program, 6000 people will each get one of four high-yielding upgraded kinds of pigs. Then the second phase of the scheme would cost an extra Rs 25 crore. This project provides zero-interest loans for fattening and pig breeding. In the initial phases of the scheme, it has revived appreciation from a small number of farmers.
Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Overview
|Scheme Name||Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme|
|launched by||The Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad K. Sangma|
|Launch Date||On the 31st of August 2022,|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Meghalaya|
|Objective||Breeding of Pigs|
Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Objectives
The objective of this scheme is to provide help to farmers in animal husbandry, especially in the breeding and rearing of pigs. Such initiatives help farmers financially sustain animal husbandry.
One Nation One Fertilizer Scheme
Meghalaya Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Benefits
This scheme is one of the biggest initiatives in Meghalaya in its field and has many benefits, such as:
- Through this swine initiative, the government will provide farmers with prospects for revenue creation and economic development.
- The state intends to reduce the shortage in the supply of pork by implementing a strategy that includes pig farming and other measures related. This initiative is anticipated to help 6,000 poor and marginal farmers and also enhance the rearing of pigs in the state.
- A loan with no interest is offered as part of this initiative for beneficiary farmers.
- Additionally, it may be used to start up a pig breeding and fattening operation. Up to this point, 250 different piggery cooperative organizations have applied for loans totaling 43.67 crore rupees.
- As part of this program, farmers will each get four piglets, three of which will be female and one of which will be male. The goal of this program is to encourage pig breeding in order to give farmers a reliable source of income. Each recipient will get a value of Rs 25,000 for this livestock bundle.
- Farmers will get 4 piglets, 3 females and 1 male, to stimulate pig breeding and give a steady income or salary-based work.
Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Eligibility
The State government stipulates the following minimum qualifications for the Rural Backyard Pig Scheme:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the state of Meghalaya.
- The applicant must be a farmer by practice.
Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Documents Needed
Documents needed for the scheme as laid by the state government as follows:
- Important Documents must be Identity proof, which can be an Aadhar or election card.
- Another document needed for this scheme is the State Residence Proof.
- Mobile Number.
Meghalaya Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme Application Process
As This scheme has been recently launched and there is no dedicated portal for this scheme. All Updations regarding this scheme are provided on the State Government website and we will update you with all the relevant news regarding this scheme in the future as well.