Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme:- Meghalaya has a variety of attractions for visitors. Conrad Sangma, the chief minister of Meghalaya, has started a program to promote tourism in the region. The Prime Vehicle Tourism Scheme was created with the intention of improving travel inside the state. A total of 16 new Innova Crystas have been released under this program. All those exploring the state would find great comfort in riding in these brand-new automobiles. Read below to check the detailed information related to Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme.
Table of Contents
Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme 2023
Conrad K. Sangma, the chief minister, launched the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme on June 30 in the presence of the state’s tourism minister. The state tourist department selected 50 individuals and groups for the scheme out of 600 applications that were submitted as part of the program, according to the chief minister, who stated this at the program’s inauguration ceremony. 16 Innova Crysta cars were made available on the launch date by CM to tourists who wanted to travel to the paradise of Meghalaya. To encourage people to participate in the Meghalaya Prime Tourism car Scheme and offer tourists a nice car, the state is funding 50% of the program. Additionally, the state government offers the candidates a loan repayment period of up to two years.
Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme|
|Introduced By||CM Conrad K Sangma|
|Introduced On||30th June 2023|
|Objective||To provide a better travel experience|
|Beneficiaries||Visitors that want to visit Meghalaya and local transportation providers|
|Subsidy Offered||50 Percent|
Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme Objective
This project’s provision of better care facilities to the state’s high-end tourists is one of its primary goals. This plan will help the state’s tourism industry grow since it gives visitors a positive experience.
Features & Benefits of Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- This program offers employment possibilities and boosts the gross state product (GSDP).
- The state government offers financial aid, which covers 90% of the cost of a luxury car’s down payment. It indicates that the buyer merely makes a down payment of Rs. 1 lakh.
- The Meghalaya State Government offers a 50% subsidy and a two-year loan repayment period to encourage the use of additional vehicle operators, whether they are businesses or individuals.
- The Meghalaya State Government offers 20% EMI assistance through the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme.
- The state government initially only released 16 Innova Crysta cars.
- However, they raise the number of cars by up to 500 in the following 5 years in response to market demands.
Vehicle Facilities Offered Under the Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
The Meghalaya State Government offers above-average amenities in the vehicles to ensure the safety of the drivers as well as the tourists who reserve a vehicle via the program which are as follows:
- GPS Installation
- Life Jackets
- First Aid Boxes
- Training to Boatmen
- Training to Drivers
- Life Saving Skills, etc
Future Aspects of the Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
CM Sangma stated that the response of the scheme’s tourists would be the first thing to be observed. We enhance the number of vehicles under the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme in response to their feedback. The initial goal is to expand the number of vehicles to 50 in this fiscal year (2023–24), but if the response is positive, this count may be higher than anticipated. He added that this strategy would continue every year for the following five years. Our goal is to get 250 automobiles registered under the program in the next five years. However, it all hinges on consumer demand and how we are met in the future. In the following five years, a positive response could result in 500 vehicles. FOCUS Plus Scheme is one of Meghalaya’s top welfare programs. This gives state farmers a chance to improve their standard of living.
Eligibility Criteria for Car Owners
The Car Owners applying for the scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Only Meghalayan residents are eligible to take part in the program
- Any person or organization is qualified to submit their card under the program
Eligibility Criteria for Tourists
The tourists applying for the scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Any visitor may benefit from the Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme, whether they are traveling within India or from abroad.
- Tourists must choose cars under this plan if their perspective is one of paying a lot of money and guaranteeing a luxurious vacation experience.
Application Process for Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme
The Government of Meghalaya has recently introduced the Meghalaya Prime Tourism Vehicle Scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the the scheme, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
3rd Secretariat Nokrek Building,
Lower Lachumiere, Shillong 793001
Email id: [email protected]
Phone No.: +91 76400 03050