Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme Online Registration, Objective, Eligibility & Benefits, How to Apply for Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme, Disease Covered
The Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme was started by the Tamil Nadu government to decrease the number of patients who visit different hospitals for the treatment of non-communicable diseases. The state’s citizens will receive doorstep health care under this plan. Tamilnadu’s doorstep healthcare program is available in seven districts, including Chennai and Coimbatore. Read below to get detailed information related to the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme like highlights, objectives, features, and benefits, scheme budget, scheme implementation, List of Treatments Covered under Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme, Treatment Statistics, eligibility criteria, documents required, application procedure, and much more
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme 2023
The state government has just introduced the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme 2023, which would allow Tamil Nadu residents to access health services while they are at home. This program has covered over 1172 health sub-centers, 189 primary health centers, and security community health centers. All beneficiaries of the scheme who are unable to visit a primary health center, private health center, or government health center will receive door-to-door delivery of all medications and other health-related services. This will help lessen the spread of infectious diseases, and the patient will gain access to all the conventional medical resources.
TN Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme Highlights
|Scheme Name||Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme|
|Introduced by||CM MK Stalin, Government of the Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiaries||Tamil Nadu Residents|
|Objective||To offer healthcare facilities at the doorstep|
|Benefits||Medical Services with the medicines will be provided|
|Budget||Rs. 258 crores|
|Covered Health center||1172, 189 primary and 50 Community|
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme Objective
The primary goal of this scheme is to provide state healthcare services to ill residents in their homes. All health and medical services will be provided through this program to patients in their homes. The government has covered 1172 health sub-centers, 189 primary health centers, and 50 community health centers to promote development in all the healthcare facilities provided through this program. This strategy is an excellent way to prevent other contagious illnesses like Covid-19. With the use of this plan, the afflicted individual can heal themselves independently of others.
Features & Benefits of the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Program
Some of the key features of the Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Program are as follows:
- The Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme has been launched by Chief Minister Stalin in Coimbatore, Chennai, and 7 additional districts.
- Through 2023, the scheme will contribute to advancing the healthcare system.
- The primary goal of this program is to make health services available to all Tamil Nadu residents.
- It will help deliver primary healthcare to people’s homes and highlight dangerous health information.
- Through this program, beneficiaries over 45 will be covered.
- To ensure that all afflicted patients in Tamil Nadu can benefit from this program, special consideration has been provided.
- Through this program, nurses, physiotherapists, public health experts, and volunteers for women’s health will provide patient care right at your door.
- This initiative will assist at least one crore of individuals from 30 lakh Tamil Nadu homes.
- For the effective running of this scheme, the government has allotted a budget of Rs 258 crore.
- Anyone interested in applying who wants to get benefits under this program may do so.
- A test will be offered as part of this program to identify non-communicable diseases, allowing participants to learn more about their non-communicable conditions.
- The seven states where this program has been introduced are Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Tiruchi, Coimbatore, Chennai, and Salem.
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme Budget
The Tamil Nadu government has developed a new program to offer health services at the doorstep to residents of the state who are over 45 years old. People will receive services like door-to-door exams and medications under the Doorstep Health Care Scheme. The Government of Tamilnadu has proposed a budget of Rs. 258 crores for the effective implementation of this scheme. From the 3000000 families present in the state, 1 crore beneficiaries would receive the benefits of the scheme.
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme Implementation
As part of the Tamil Nadu Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin is in charge of delivering medications to locals who have diabetes and high blood pressure. Additionally, individuals who need physiotherapy and are elderly will receive special consideration. To provide medical services throughout the state, the Chief Minister has covered 189 Primary Health Centers, Suraksha Community Health Centers, and approximately 1172 health sub-centers.
Assistance with Medical Records
The government has instructed all responsible officials to issue and offer Unique IDs to the patients enrolling under this plan to facilitate access to the medical data of the Tamil Nadu state patients. They will be able to easily identify patients thanks to the integration of medical information into their database made possible by this Unique Id.
List of Treatments Covered
The lists of treatments covered under the scheme are as follows:
- Diabetes and hypertension
Treatment Statistics of Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme
The treatment statistics of the scheme are given in the table below:
|Diabetics & Hypertension||1,742|
Eligibility Criteria for Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme
The eligibility criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- A candidate must be at least 45 years old to be considered.
- A candidate must reside in West Bengal permanently.
- The candidate must be a resident of one of the following seven districts: Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Tiruchi, Coimbatore, Chennai, or Salem.
Documents Required to Apply
Some of the important documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar card
- Mobile number
- Date of birth certificate
- Residence certificate
Procedure to Apply for Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam Scheme
All interested applicants who wish to apply for this program must wait a while. The Tamil Nadu government has not yet announced the application procedure for the scheme. As soon as the government announces the deadline for the scheme’s application process, we will keep you updated.