Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana:- As you all know, agriculture is the largest employer for women. Around 80% of economically active women are engaged in agriculture. Still, there are cases where women face discrimination. In order to tackle this situation, the Government of India has launched Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana. Through this scheme, women will be empowered so that they can get equal rights. Various measures will be taken in order to empower women. This article will cover all the important information regarding Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana 2023. You will get all the detailed information regarding the above-mentioned scheme by going through this article.
Table of Contents
About Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
The government of India launched Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana in the year 2011 under the National Rural livelihood mission. Through this scheme, the status of women belonging to the agriculture sector will be improved. Various kinds of opportunities will be provided to women through this scheme. The systematic investment will be made in order to encourage the participation of women in the agriculture industry and increase their productivity. Through this scheme, sustainable agriculture-based opportunities will be created for women.
Other than that various information sources and support mechanisms will be provided to the women in order to gain longer-term benefits. This scheme will increase the income of women. Other than that food and nutrition security and skills of the women will also be improved with the implementation of this scheme. The department of agriculture and farmer welfare will be implementing the agency of the scheme.
Objective of Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
The main objective of Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana is to empower women belonging to the agriculture sector in order to enhance their participation. With the implementation of this scheme, sustainable agriculture livelihood opportunities will be created and the skills and capabilities of women will be improved. This scheme will also ensure food and nutrition security at the household and community levels. Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojna will also provide better access to input and services of the Government and other agencies. The managerial capacities of the women will also be enhanced through this scheme
Details Of Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
|Name Of The Scheme||Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojna|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Women Farmers Of India|
|Objective||To Improve The Participation Of Women Farmers|
Outcomes Of Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
- To increase the income of women
- Improving food and nutritional security
- The increasing area under cultivation
- Increase in the skill
- Reduction of drudgery through enhance tools and technology
- Increasing the visibility of women
- Develop entrepreneurship
Sustainable Agriculture And Value Chain Development
- Improve skills and capabilities to support the farm and nonfarm based activities
- Ensure food and nutrition security in household and community
- Better access to inputs and services of Government and other agencies
- Enhance the managerial capacities of women in agriculture for better management of biodiversity
Non Timber Forest Produce
- Promote regeneration of NTFB species and improve biodiversity
- Build capacity of the community in sustainable harvesting and post-harvesting techniques to increase income
- Promote local value addition
- Promote market linkages
- Promote the use of information and communication technology
Value Chain Development
- Ensure higher price realization for agriculture
- Ensure increased bargaining power and economies of scale
- Develops strong business models
- Capacity building of community
- Use of ICT
Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana Benefits And Features
- The government of India launched Mahila Kisan sashaktikaran pariyojana in the year 2011 under the National rural livelihood mission.
- Through this scheme, the status of women belonging to the agriculture sector will be improved.
- Various kinds of opportunities will be provided to the women through this scheme.
- The systematic investment will be made in order to encourage the participation of women in the agriculture industry and increase their productivity.
- Through this scheme, sustainable agriculture-based opportunities will be created for women.
- Other than that various information sources and support mechanisms will be provided to the women in order to gain longer-term benefits.
- This scheme will increase the income of women.
- Other than that food and nutrition security and skills of the women will also be improved with the implementation of this scheme.
- The department of agriculture and farmer welfare will be implementing the agency of the scheme
Implementation Of Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojna
- All the projects that will be implemented under Mahila Kisan sashaktikaran Pariyojna will provide direct and indirect support to those women who are involved in agriculture and related activity
- The government is going to launch various programs in partnership with skill development organizations
- The planning and implementation of Mahila Kisan sashaktikaran Pariyojna will be overseen by the Project implementation agency
- A project under the scheme will go through various stages before its the completion
- Multiple Government and private partners will be involved in the process of project completion
- The Ministry of Rural Development will provide funding support for 75% of the project cost
- In the case of hilly areas, the government will provide funds for up to 90% of the project cost
- The balance of the fund will be provided by the State government or other donor agencies
- Contribution in the form of manpower, infrastructure, etc is also permissible
- The Government of India has collaborated with various organizations for the implementation of the scheme
Stages Of Project Completion Under Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
- Identification of project area
- Identifying implementation agency
- Screening of project by Project screening committing
- Approval of the project by Project approval committee
- Project implementation
- Submission of project report
- Release of function 3 installments
- Monitoring and reviewing of the project
- Project completion
Rs 847.5 Crores Have Been Allocated For Approved Projects
Till 19th November 2019, there are 84 projects that are sanctioned under Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana across 24 States. The government has targeted 273 districts under the scheme. Out of these 273 districts Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojna is being implemented in 238 districts. More than 33.81 lakh beneficiaries are targeted from 84 projects that are sanctioned under the scheme. The projects have overachieved the targets in terms of the number of women who are benefited. Around 36.06 lakh beneficiaries are covered through these projects. The Government of India has allocated Rs 847.5 crores for the approved projects. Out of which Rs 579.8 is already released as on 30th September 2019
Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana Eligibility Criteria And Required Documents
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India
- The applicant must be a woman belonging to the agriculture sector
- Aadhar Card
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Ration card
- Income certificate etc
Procedure To Apply Under Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the national rural livelihood mission
- The home page will appear before you
- On the home page, you are required to click on apply under Mahila Kisan sashaktikaran Pariyojana
- You will be redirected to a new page
- On the page, you have to enter all the required details
- Now you have to upload all the required documents
- After that you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can apply under Mahila Kisan sashaktikaran Pariyojana