Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme:- The Maharashtra government is about to launch a revolutionary program i.e., Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme to support women’s employment and safety. To address environmental concerns, the plan calls for the deployment of e-autos and the introduction of Pink Rickshaws in 10 major cities, including Mumbai city, Mumbai suburb, Thane, Panvel, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Chatrapati Sambhaji Nagar, and Nashik. Read below to check the detailed information related to Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme 2024.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme 2024
Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme driven by women will soon be available in ten Maharashtra cities, including Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Pune, and Nagpur. Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Ajit Pawar have been presented with a plan to this effect by the Women and Child Department. The Department of Women and Child Development commissioner, Dr. Prashant Narnaware, announced that 5,000 pink rickshaws have been suggested for the program’s first year. Under this plan, the government will subsidize unemployed women by 20% so they can purchase rickshaws; they will be responsible for 10% of the total cost, with bank loans covering the remaining 70%.
Goa, Lucknow, and Surat have all already seen the introduction of similar e-rickshaws. Although the idea of women operating rickshaws is not new, the government has already launched the Aboli Rickshaw program just for women, without providing any financial support. With bank loans covering 85% of the vehicle cost, applicants only had to pay 15% of the total cost. Nevertheless, the Aboli Rickshaw initiative failed, and in Maharashtra, aboli rickshaws are rare.
Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme Details in Highlights
|Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme
|Government of Maharashtra
|Women and Child department
|Women’s of Maharashtra State
|No. of Cities Scheme will Operate
|to support women’s employment and safety
Objective of Scheme
The main aim of launching an innovative program i.e., Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme is to support and promote job prospects. Additionally, the program will provide safety for women who travel to these cities.
Features & Benefits of Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- The Maharashtra government intends to introduce Pink E-Rickshaw in ten different cities.
- The Pink Rickshaws program will give underprivileged women in big cities a way to make a living.
- According to Aditi Tatkare, the minister of women’s and child development, it will satisfy the need for safe transportation options for women.
- These e-rickshaws will be driven by female drivers
- The government intends to provide unemployed women buying rickshaws with a 20 percent subsidy.
- Women candidates will only need to pay 10% of the rickshaw cost under the suggested arrangement and bank loans will pay for the other seventy percent.
- The Women and Child Development Department Commissioner, Dr. Prashant Narnaware, reported that in the first year, 5,000 pink rickshaw proposals were received.
- The addition of e-rickshaws to the pink rickshaw program reduces maintenance costs and encourages environmental friendliness.
Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme Subsidy
Women candidates will only be required to contribute 10% of the rickshaw’s cost under the proposed arrangement. The remaining 70% will be financed by bank loans, with a 20% subsidy from the state government. In the pink rickshaw program, the department suggested e-rikshaws since they are less maintenance-intensive and safer for the environment.
Cities under which Scheme will Operate
The Cities under which the scheme will operate are as follows:
- Mumbai city
- Mumbai suburb
- Navi Mumbai
- Chatrapati Sambhaji Nagar
Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme
The applicants applying for the scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of Maharashtra state
- The applicant must be a female
Procedure to Apply for Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme
The Government of Maharashtra has recently initiated the Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.
The Maharashtra government has not yet launched the official website for Maharashtra Pink E-Rickshaw Scheme.
The Pink E-Rickshaw will operate in 10 major cities, including Mumbai city, Mumbai suburb, Thane, Panvel, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Chatrapati Sambhaji Nagar, and Nashik.