Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme for Citizens Above 75 Years | MSRTC Free Travel Scheme Benefits, Objective, Documents Required How to Apply | The state government of Maharashtra has begun providing senior residents in the state with access to a transportation service. On August 25, 2022, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra inaugurated a program under the name Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme. In this article, we will get an understanding of this new transportation program that has been initiated by the Maharashtra state government. In addition, we will find out the objective for the establishment of the MSRTC Free Travel Scheme as well as the steps necessary to use this scheme.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme
The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde, made the announcement through a message on Twitter of a new transportation system that is being referred to as the “Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme.” This program is geared specifically toward senior citizens, and as part of the program, elderly people will get free travel on MSRTC buses. On the occasion of the state’s 75th anniversary of independence, 1.5 lakh senior citizens of the state who are at least 75 years old and will remain so until August 26 will be spared from paying any fees or duties for travel. After Independence Day, until August 26, 2022, all people over 75 who rode MSRTC buses will get their money back.
The State government has taken this step since there are a lot of MSRTC buses. MSRTC buses are clean and well-equipped. They are known as the cleanest buses in the state of Maharashtra, and 200 new air-conditioned electric buses will be added to the route from Mumbai to Pune. Also, MSRTC has a fleet of more than 16,000 buses, and before the COVID-19 pandemic started in March 2020, they used to take almost 65 lakh people per day. So, these buses have a very good reputation and look.
MSRTC Free Travel Scheme Overview
|Scheme Name||Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme|
|Launch By||CM of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde,|
|Launch Date||August 25, 2022|
|Benefits||Discount in Fair of Busses|
|Objectives||Financial Help to Elder citizens|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Maharashtra State Only|
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Objectives
The state government’s main goal in putting together the Maharashtra Free Travel State scheme is to help older people in the state with money. Since the pandemic and inflation-like challenges have made it hard for older people who can’t work to make money, the state government has set up a transportation plan for them.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Benefits
- The Maharashtra Free Travel State initiative is being brought about by the state government with the intention of providing financial assistance to senior residents of the state. This is the fundamental principle behind the scheme.
- By presenting the necessary identification papers, passengers aboard MSRTC buses are able to make use of the free travel service.
- On MSRTC’s city buses, passengers will not have access to the privileged service. In addition, it is not accessible for use outside of the boundaries of the state.
- In addition, passengers who are between the ages of 65 and 75 will be eligible for a discount of fifty percent off the price of their bus tickets for certain routes and services provided by the MSRTC.
- During a cabinet meeting held one day after Independence Day as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Shinde made an announcement on free travel for seniors who were 75 years old or over.
MSRTC Free Travel Scheme Eligibility
In order to avail of the benefits of this scheme, a candidate must have the following eligible points:
- Must be a citizen of Maharashtra state and a citizen of India.
- Must be in the age group between 65 and 75.
- Must travel only on MSRTC buses.
- The bus must travel only within the state limits.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Documents needed
In order to enter the bus, you must have the following documents with you:
- Must have identification card (PAN card, Aadhar card, driving license, Voter’s Card )
- Mobile number.
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme: How to Avail Benefits
- In order for a person to be eligible for the benefits of the transportation system, they must first provide their identification credentials, which may include an Aadhaar card, a PAN card, a driver’s license, or a voter’s card, among other things.
- After showing documents elder citizens will get a discount on their bus fare.
- In addition, it was said that the MSRTC’s city buses would not have access to this facility, and it would only be accessible for travel inside the state’s borders.