Maharashtra DTE Portal:- Students who have completed Class 10 and want to apply for admission to engineering and technology diploma programs can register at https://dte.maharashtra.gov.in/. Up to June 21st, the registration process will be open. Read below to check the detailed information related to Maharashtra DTE Portal like Highlights, Key Dates, Features & Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra DTE Portal
A specific website for admission to diploma programs in engineering and technology after Class 10 has been launched by the Maharashtra Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). On Wednesday afternoon, Higher and Technical Education Minister Chandrakant Patil unveiled the newly created website at https://dte.maharashtra.gov.in. On June 1st, the online registration process will start. Nearly 2,500 additional seats have been approved for cutting-edge courses that were introduced this year, including computer engineering and the Internet of Things (IoT), Mechatronics, Automation and Robotics, Cloud Computing, and Big Data, and traditional engineering fields like civil, electrical, mechanical, and computer.
The number of openings in diploma programs has been steadily declining during the last four years. For the academic year 2018–19, just 41% of all diploma course seats were occupied. However, it quickly increased to 50% in 2019–20, 60% in 2020–21, and 70% in 2021–22. Admissions for diploma courses were confirmed for about 85% of the available seats in 2022–2023 last year.
dte.maharashtra.gov.in Portal Details
|Name||Maharashtra DTE Portal|
|Initiated by||Maharashtra Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)|
|Introduced by||Higher and Technical Education Minister Chandrakant Patil|
|Objective||To apply for admission to engineering and technology diploma programs online|
Maharashtra Diploma Engineering Admission Key Dates
Following are the important key dates that applicants must keep in mind before applying for the Maharashtra DTE Portal
|Starting of Online Registration Process||21st June 2023|
|Last Date of Online Registration Process||23 June 2023|
|Release of a Provisional Merit List||27 June 2023|
|Last Date to File Complaints||29 June 2023|
|Release of Final List of Candidates||29 June, 2023|
Note: The Key Dates mentioned above are tentative and are subject to change
Features and Benefits of DTE Maharashtra Portal
Some of the key features and benefits of the Maharashtra DTE Portal are as follows:
- The DTE has increased the number of students choosing diploma courses as a result of its School Connect campaign, which provides information about diploma programs to school children.
- These courses are advantageous for employment because they are career- and skill-oriented, claims information provided by DTE.
- The registration period will last upto June 21, giving students who are awaiting their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or Class 10 results from the Maharashtra state board time to apply.
- Candidates will have until June 27 to file complaints after the release of a provisional merit list on June 23. On June 29, a final list of candidates will be released.
Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra Diploma Engineering Admission 2023-24
The applicants applying for Maharashtra DTE Portal must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to DTE’s diploma programs in engineering and technology is open to all students who passed their Class 10 exams.
- Students who successfully complete the diploma are also qualified for direct second-year admission to engineering degree programs.
Steps to Apply for Diploma Engineering Admission at Maharashtra DTE Portal
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Maharashtra DTE Portal
- First of all, go to the official website of the Maharashtra DTE Portal i.e., https://dte.maharashtra.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Admission link and the Post SSS Admission option.
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now Click on the New Candidate Registration option if you are not already registered.
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- After that upload all the required documents.
- After successful registration, log in with the details.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process