Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme:- The government of Tamil Nadu is making significant efforts to develop the state and implement a number of state government welfare programs for the livelihood of women, children, and farmers. The budget for the fiscal year 2023–2024 included a number of government initiatives that were launched this year by Tamil Nadu’s chief minister. Read below to check the detailed information related to மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Apply for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme, and much more.
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme 2023
In the budget year 2023–2024, Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister Shri MK Stalin stated that his administration would start a financial assistance program for state women. Nearly 1 million women in Tamil Nadu will benefit from the State Government’s Universal Basic Income Program thanks to the Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme, which was recently introduced by the government of Tamil Nadu. The scheme which will provide assistance of Rs. 1000 per month, has been given a budget of Rs. 7000 Crore by the Tamil Nadu government. On the anniversary of the late Chief Minister C.N. Annadurai’s birth, September 15, 2023, online and offline registration for the Scheme will begin.
15th Sept Update:- Tamil Nadu CM Stalin Launched Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
On September 15, CM MK Stalin launched a Rs1,000 monthly cash aid program for women in honour of Dravidian leader C N Annadurai. Stalin announced the plan, claiming it was a reward for the hard labour of women, and issued bank debit cards to a number of the recipients. State ministers then implemented the program in their respective districts. It is an expression of pride that the program is being introduced on Anna’s birthday and during Karunanidhi’s centennial (2023–2024). The state government designated the basic income project, which is named for the late chief minister M. Karunanidhi, the right of women.
11th Sept Update:- 1.06 crore eligible women beneficiaries to get scheme benefits from September 15
On September 15, the birth anniversary of former CM C.N. Annadurai, Chief Minister M.K. Stalin is scheduled to introduce the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai (women’s basic income) scheme at Kancheepuram. The Tamil Nadu government has identified 1.06 crore women as eligible to benefit from it. According to Mr. Stalin, eligible ladies will start receiving the money in their bank accounts on September 15. Following that, each month the money will be credited to the bank accounts of these qualified ladies.
Initially, ATM cards would be distributed in a set number and would need to be distributed to everyone. In contrast, all people chosen for the program would receive the urimai thogai [immediately] rather than having to wait for the ATM cards. On September 15, the Chief Minister will send an SMS on their behalf to the recipients with information about how to resolve any potential problems. Those who applied for the program but were not selected to participate in it would be informed of the reason why.
மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே Details in Highlights
|Name||Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme|
|Initiated by||CM MK Stalin|
|Beneficiaries||Women of Tamil Nadu|
|Registration Start||15 September 2023|
Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme Objective
The major goal of the program is to deposit the government’s financial aid payment into women’s bank accounts, removing their need on others to pay for household expenses.
Features of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Some of the key features of the மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே are as follows:
- Giving the state’s women a monthly financial contribution
- Encouraging the recipients to utilise the program
- To work towards raising women’s standards of living
- To empower and liberate eligible women
Benefits of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Some of the key benefits of the Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme are as follows:
- Through this program, the state’s women who are the female heads of the family would receive financial assistance from the government.
- The qualifying recipient women will have this money instantly deposited into their bank accounts.
- The sum that will be given out as part of the programme has been set at Rs. 1000.
- By taking advantage of the benefits of the scheme, the women of the state will become financially powerful.
- This program will assist in paying for larger LPG gas cylinders.
- Both online and offline submissions for the scheme are welcomed.
- To ensure that every eligible beneficiary can take advantage of the program, it will be launched throughout the entire state.
Eligibility Criteria for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
The applicants applying for மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Beneficiaries Must Be Tamil Nadu Permanent Residents.
- There will be coverage for a number of categories, including the elderly, disabled, widows, and single women.
- Only women who are household heads will receive the money.
- This scheme will not provide benefits to women who are currently employed by the federal or state governments.
Required Documents for மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே
Some of the important documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Domicile Certificate of Tamil Nadu
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account
- Ration Card
- Self Declaration
- Family Details
- Death Certificate of Husband (in case of Widow).
Steps to Apply for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே
- First of all, go to the official website i.e., https://www.tn.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Apply Online link
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே Budget
Around 1 crore women in the state are covered by the Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Thogai scheme. The state government of Tamil Nadu would set aside Rs 7000 crore for the implementation of the program in order to achieve this high coverage. Only by paying this sum will beneficiaries receive the benefits of the scheme.