Link Aadhaar Card with Driving Licence:- Owners of two- and four-wheeled vehicles can use their Aadhaar to get a new license, and renew their current license. Reduce the use of duplicate and fraudulent driver’s licenses with UIDAI’s new Aadhaar-based verification guidelines. Over 30% of the nation’s total number of driver’s licenses are counterfeit, according to India’s Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Read below to get detailed information related to the Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence like highlights, benefits, Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Driving Licence, list of Transport Authority, and much more
Table of Contents
About Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
Aadhar has come to play a significant role in every Indian’s life over time. The initiative initiated by the Indian government to assign each individual a special universal identity number is starting to show results. To receive government subsidies under various programs, an Aadhar card is a prerequisite. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has launched a campaign to make it simple and hassle-free for people to link their Aadhar cards to their Driving Licence. Currently, anyone can link their driver’s license to their Aadhar card online.
If someone has more than one license, they can voluntarily relinquish them to the local Road Transport Departments. After the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways completes the legal regulations, the government intends to launch the linking of Aadhaar with a driving license as soon as possible. Following enforcement, the procedure will aid in identifying people who have multiple or phony licenses.
Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Details in Highlights
|Name||Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence|
|Initiated by||Government of India|
|Department||The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways|
|Objective||To link the Aadhaar number with Driving Licence|
|State||All over India|
Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Benefits
Some of the key benefits of Linking Aadhaar with a Driving Licence are as follows:
- By connecting Aadhar and a driver’s license, the entire business will fall under one roof.
- Transport officials will be able to spot fake documents and take the appropriate action if a person has several licenses.
- Authorized agencies will be able to access and validate the license information for each car owner in India thanks to the Aadhaar-based unified platform.
- Genuine driving licenses can be distinguished from bogus ones by authorized agencies.
- Transparency and anti-corruption would be facilitated by the requirement to link the Aadhar card to the driver’s license.
- The drivers’ information will be kept in a central internet database. The information would be accessible throughout India to prevent the renewal of duplicate licenses.
- The entire procedure will run on a computerized system. As a result, unlike manual processes, people who pass the driving test will receive their driving license 72 hours later.
- Operations involving the transport department will now be easier and faster.
- Since no one can obtain a license without passing the driving test, the number of traffic accidents will drop.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence
The Road Transport Department of each state and union territory issues driver’s licenses. Owners of two-wheelers and automobiles must visit the website of the state transportation agency that issued their license to link it to Aadhaar. Different states may have different procedures for connecting Aadhaar to DLs. However, the fundamental process is roughly the same across all states and union regions. The user needs to follow the below-given steps to Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence:
- First of all, go to the state’s road transportation website where the driver’s license was issued
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Link Aadhar button
- Now, click on the Aadhar Number Entry option followed by the Driving Licence option
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, enter the Licence number
- After that, click on the Get Details button and the driving license details will open on the screen.
- Now, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- After that, enter the mobile number that is registered with your Aadhar
- Now, carefully recheck all the details and click on the Submit button
- Once you will click on the submit button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP for verification to complete the linking process
Transport Authority Websites List
The list of Transport Authority websites is given in the table below:
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||http://transport.and.nic.in|
|Andhra Pradesh||AP Transport Department|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||http://dnh.nic.in/Departments/Transport.aspx|
|Daman and Diu||https://daman.nic.in/rtodaman/default.asp|
|Jammu and Kashmir||https://www.jktransport.nic.in/|