Learning License Apply Online, Fees and Documents Required | Learning License Download and Status Check | Learner License Validity and Renewal | Just like when we learn to ride a bike or use something for the first time, we get better at it as we use it more. As it is against the law in every country to drive a car without a valid license and to be able to drive, you need a license. According to the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, if an Indian citizen drives a car, truck, or bus on a public road without a valid driver’s license, they are not allowed to do so and will be fined. A learner license is just a license that a new driver in India gets so they can get some experience before they can get a real license. In this article, we’ll learn What is a Learning License, what it’s for, what it’s good for, and how to apply for one online or in person.
Learning License Online Form 2022
A person is only allowed to operate a motor vehicle on public roads if they have a valid driver’s license, which is a legal document issued by the government.
When an applicant is still in the learning stage, a learner’s permit is provided to them. Because it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle without a valid license,
Just to make it a legal document candidates should submit an application to the Regional Transport Authority or Office (RTA or RTO) that is located closest to them. If the candidate has completed their driver’s education and is at least 18 years old, they are eligible to submit an application for a permanent license.
Those under the age of 18 but over the age of 16 are eligible to receive a Learning License, which is only good for a period of six months.
- Inshot for all eligible candidates the first step for getting a valued license is is they must apply for a Learning License.
- After applying for the learning license which is valid for 6 months
- They will train themselves in driving the particular vehicle they applied for
- Then there will be a test on the appointed day
- And if a person or candidate passes the driving test only then does he receives a valid license which is mailed to his permanent address.
Types of Learner License in India
A learner’s license is granted to a candidate according to the category of the vehicle that the applicant intends to learn how to operate. The following is a list of the several types of learner’s licenses that are available in India, each of which corresponds to a certain kind of motor vehicle.
A driving license is given to the candidates for either personal use or commercial use
Learning License for Personal Use:
- For a Motorcycle with a 50cc engine capacity, MC50CC license class is given.
- For light motor vehicles for non-transport purposes, there is an LMV-NT license.
- Motorcycle with gear ear and light motor vehicles including gears and motorcycles with a capacity of 50 cc+ there is MC EX50CC license class given.
- For all types of vehicles with gear or without gear, there is a personal use license class given with the name MCWG or M / CYCL.WG
Learning License for Commercial Use :
- Vehicles of the heavy class that uses goods for transportation services are called the HGMV vehicle class.
- For light motor vehicles for business purposes or transportation purposes, they are given LMV – TR vehicle class license.
- For heavy passenger vehicles like buses, there is HPMV vehicle class.
- For light motor vehicles which are for commercial purposes only and are not used for Transport, purposes are given the class name of LMV – NT license
- For medium goods vehicles, they are given MG vehicle class license
Objectives of Learning License
The goal of issuing a learner’s permit is to allow the applicant to train themselves under the supervision of a train driver within a few months. The only reason the government issues a learner’s permit is so that individuals can get driving experience under regulated conditions that minimize danger and enable inexperienced drivers to gain confidence and experience.
Benefits of Learning License
Having a learner license has benefits like:
- The law in India says that no one can learn how to drive a car without a license.
- Before getting the real license, the applicant has to apply for a learner license and drive with the learner license in their possession for a certain amount of time.
- If someone has a learner’s permit and is being watched by a licensed driver, the traffic police won’t give them a challan.
Learning License Eligibility
To be eligible to submit an application for a learner’s permit, a person must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- For motorcycles with gears, you have to be 18 to get a Learner’s license.
- To get a Learner’s license for bikes up to 50 ccs without accessories, a person must be at least 16 years old. In cases where a candidate is below the age of 18
- they must get permission from a guardian or parent.
- As a trainee, you are only allowed to operate cars that do not have gears and have engines that are no more powerful than 50 cubic centimeters.
- The student is responsible for obtaining the permission of the teacher or parent.
- The bearer of a learning license must have an adult passenger in the vehicle at all times. This means that applicants driving a car while applying for a license won’t be penalized unless they have a licensed driver acting as a supervisor.
Documents Required to Apply for Learning License
You will need to fill out an application for the learning license and pay the associated costs. In addition to this, the following items are required in order to submit an application for a learner permit:
- Passport (Please check that the passport has not expired)
- Election Card
- Aadhar Card
Documents that prove age
- Birth Certificates (D.O.B)
- School Certificate with printed D.O.B. (Marks Sheet of 10th Class)
- PAN card (Permanent Account Number)
- Election Card
- Aadhar Card
Documents that prove your address:
- Electricity Bills
- PAN Card (Permanent Account Number)
- Aadhar Card
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- LIC Bond
- Rental Agreements/Property Papers
- If applicable, medical certification
- Self-declaration of medical fitness
- Passport size photographs (6)
- If you reside in other cities, you can submit the rental agreement with a copy of a recent utility bill like an electricity or gas bill, as proof of your current address.
How to Apply Online for Learning License
In order to apply for a learner’s license online, there is an official portal which is called the Parivahan portal.
- Visit the official website of the Parivahan portal.
- You can see the homepage of the portal.
- There, you have to see the license-related services section and click on “driver’s license” / “learner’s license.”
- After clicking on that, you will be directed to a new page.
- On this new page, you will be asked to select the state where you belong.
- Select the name of your state by clicking on the dropdown menu.
- A new page will be displayed in front of you.
- There you will have the option of applying for a learner’s license and many more options related to the driving license
- To apply for a learner’s license, click on the option. You will be taken to a new page with a flowchart of the whole process of the form. There, you’ll click “Continue” to go to the next page.
- On the new page, there will be a form for a learner’s license. You have to choose which group you belong to. And you have to choose the RTO office closest to your city in your state. Then click the button to submit.
- Then, a page will open for authentication with e-KYC. On this page, you will be asked to submit your Aadhaar number even if you haven’t already done so.
- If you choose to submit with Aadhaar authentication, you will need to enter your Aadhaar number, which will generate an OTP. You will then need to enter the OTP, click on the checkboxes, and then click on Authenticate.
- If you select another option, submit it without Aadhaar authentication and then click on the submit button. Then you have to give your mobile number and click on Generate OTP. And then you have to enter the OTP which you received on your mobile and click on earth and ticket with Sarathi.
- When you will be directed to the application form page. Here you have to enter details of the applicant, such as name, gender, age, and all the information given in it.
- After submitting the application, an acknowledgment will be generated with the application number. You have to save this number for future references and click on “get acknowledgment” to print it out and click on the Next button
- A new page will be in front of you. Here you have to upload documents. Select the radio button and upload documents, then click on the Next button, then click the OK button to continue
- Select the address proof and upload the same and then press on the confirm option
- On the next page, select age proof from the list of documents and upload the document. Click on the confirm option to proceed
- Then select from the list of documents for uploading and click on upload. Then confirm that you will proceed to the next page.
- Then you have one page which shows your uploaded photo and signature. Click on the photo and signature options to upload the photo and signature.
- There are general guidelines for uploading photos and signatures. Please read those before uploading them. If those requirements are not met, the photo and signature will be rejected
- Once the photo and signature are uploaded successfully, a message will be shown in acknowledgment. Then you will click on the next to proceed to the next page
- On the next page, you will have the option of booking a learner’s license slot. You can click from the calendar type window and you can choose the green-colored dates through the radio buttons
- Then you will confirm the date and time you have selected and click on confirm to slot book
- After that, you will be led to a payment page where you have to submit the fee. You have to click on Continue E Payment for the continuation of the payment
- That will redirect you to a new popup window, from where you can pay
- After successful payment, the payment acknowledgment window will appear, and you will get a printed receipt. You can also download that in PDF format.
- After that, you’ll be given a learner’s test, which you can turn in to the RTO office by showing them the payment receipt.
- If you pass the test, you’ll get an SMS with your learner’s license number within 24 hours.
- The learner’s license will then be sent to the applicant’s permanent address.
- It will be valid for 6 months and can be renewed.
Learning License Offline Application Procedure
For almost all states in India, you can get a learner’s license online. You can also go to the RTO office closest to you and apply for a learner’s license there.
If you want to apply for a learner’s permit in person,
- First, you have to go to the RTO office and ask for an application form for a learner’s permit.
- After you get the form, you have to fill it out and attach photos to it. Along with the document, you must also include proof of your age, your address, and your identity.
- After filling out the form, you must take it to the nearest RTO office and turn it in. Officials at the RTO office will finish the rest of the process and give you a date and time for a test.
- You will have to pass a written test to get in.
- If you pass this test, the learner’s permit will be sent to your home address.
- If you take lessons at a licensed driving school, the school might help you get a learner’s permit.
Learning Procedure for Getting a Learner’s Licence
This method is essential for all candidates for a learner’s permit.
On the scheduled date of the license test, all applicants are recommended to be at the designated locations a half-hour early, as instructed by the authorities.
Different states may have different testing methods, and various classes of automobiles have different testing situations. For example, there may be an easy test for a light vehicle but a tough test for a heavy vehicle such as a truck. Before issuing a valid license, novice drivers are evaluated in a variety of ways across the states.
If you pass the exam, you have 30 days from the date of issuance of your learner’s permit to apply for a permanent driver’s license. In addition, the application for a permanent driver’s license must be submitted within 180 days after the day the learner’s permit was issued.
If you fail the exam, you can retake it by re-registering on the official website.