Khela Hobe Scheme:- Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal, announced on Friday that the state would launch its own guaranteed employment program, known as Khela Hobe, in response to the central government’s suspension of MGNREGS funding for Bengal. Bengal had independently made sure that NREGS job card holders in Bengal received 26 workdays, and this was now being increased to 30 workdays. Read below to check the detailed information related to Khela Hobe Scheme like Highlights, Features & Benefits, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Khela Hobe Scheme 2023
As the Centre had stopped financing the 100-day job program in January 2022, Mamata Banerjee announced on Friday that her government will create a program called Khela Hobe to provide jobs to individuals who had cards under the program. 2.6 crore individuals participated in the 100-day labor plan under NREGS at its height, but that number has since dropped to 1.4 crore (according to central estimates), serving as the foundation of Bengal’s rural economy. These employees make up 8% of the Scheduled Tribes and about 28.5% of the Scheduled Castes. Despite Bengal being the state with the best performance over the previous five years, the BJP-led central government has stopped funding the 100 initiative.
At the July 21 Martyrs Day rally, Banerjee claimed that the BJP administration had withheld more than Rs 60,000 crore of Bengal’s dues out of pure jealousy. “The Centre withholds the funds that are legally ours after taking money from our state under the GST. BJP leaders in Bengal take pride in sabotaging public funding.
West Bengal Khela Hobe Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Khela Hobe Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Bengal|
|Introduced by||Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal|
|Objective||To provide employement to NREGS job card holders|
Nrega Related Other Searches
Features & Benefits of Khela Hobe Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the Khela Hobe Scheme are as follows:
- The government will start a project Khela Hobe to provide 100 days’ job card holders with employment.
- Since villagers are suffering without the 100-day job programme, the chief minister has concentrated on creating jobs for the rural population.
- The state government’s rural housing program, Banglar Bari, will now house 11 lakh beneficiaries of rural housing who have not yet received payments under the central program.
- The BJP is envious of the social security net that the Bengal government provides for its citizens with 67 social welfare schemes.
- Bengal has reduced poverty by 11% over the past year and by 26% over the past ten years, according to the NITI Aayog poll.
Procedure to Apply for Khela Hobe Scheme
The Government of Bengal has recently introduced the Khela Hobe Scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.