Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme:- At a ceremony hosted by the Kerala Advocates’ Welfare Fund Trust Committee and the Bar Council of Kerala on Saturday, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched a stipend program named Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme for young lawyers in Kerala that will pay them 3,000 rupees a month. Read below to get detailed information related to the Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme like highlights, objectives, features and benefits, eligibility criteria, documents, the application process, and much more
Table of Contents
Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme 2023
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced the launch of the Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme on Saturday, February 11, 2023. Although this program was formally introduced in March 2018, it is now ready to start benefiting the state of Kerala’s young attorneys. Every qualifying beneficiary of this Kerala Stipend Scheme for Lawyers will receive monthly financial support of 3,000 rupees in the form of a stipend. Junior lawyers will receive monthly stipends from the Trustee Committee under Section 9 of the Kerala Advocates Welfare Fund Act, 1980.
The Advocates Welfare Fund, established by the Act, will be used to pay out the stipend. The Kerala Government had previously authorized a monthly stipend of up to Rs. 5000/- for junior lawyers of a specific category, payable out of the Welfare Fund established under the Kerala Advocate’s Welfare Fund Act, 1980, via an order dated March 9, 2018.
Details of Kerala Stipend Scheme for Lawyers
|Scheme Name||Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme|
|Introduced By||Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Launched On||11 February 2023|
|Beneficiaries||Kerala’s Young Lawyers|
|Objective||Lawyers will receive financial help through this program from the state bar council and state government.|
|Stipend Money||3000 rupees per month|
Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme Objective
Giving lawyers financial incentives to survive is one of the key goals of the Stipend Scheme for Lawyers. Because of this, the state government provides qualified lawyers under this program for 3000 INR every month. The fact that this stipend money is sent directly to lawyers’ bank accounts through benefits transfer may be one distinctive characteristic.
Features & Benefits of the Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme
Some of the key features & benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- This program was recently started by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to provide lawyers with stipends.
- This program was initially introduced in March 2018; it began on February 11th, 2023.
- Under this program, the stipend is only given to young lawyers whose financial circumstances are unfavorable.
- Every qualifying beneficiary of the Kerala Stipend Scheme for Lawyers receives a monthly payment of 3000 rupees from the state government.
- The state government will provide eligible attorneys with a 36,000 stipend per year.
- The relevant individuals in society will benefit greatly from the stipend money program for attorneys.
- Due to this plan, lawyers in the state of Kerala who currently have poor economic conditions will become independent.
- The state government grants scheduled castes and tribes a concession through this Kerala Stipend Scheme for Lawyers.
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala Stipend Scheme for Lawyers
The Eligibility Criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- Only residents of Kerala are eligible to get benefits under this program
- Lawyers must have less than three years of experience
- Only lawyers who are 30 years of age or younger are eligible
- The applicant’s total annual income must not be more than one lakh rupees
Documents Required for Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme
Some of the documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Passport size Photograph
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Age Certificate
- Annual Income Certificate
- Lawyer Certificate
Steps to Apply for Kerala Advocate Stipend Scheme
You may need to wait a little while if you wish to apply online for this stipend money scheme for lawyers since there is no official website for this program published by the Kerala state government. We will update you once the state government issues any updates regarding this program.