Karnataka Shakti Scheme:- There is good news for the residents of Karnataka as the Shakti Scheme has been implemented in the state. Women of the state can travel in state-owned buses free of cost from June 11 onwards. There are some conditions like 50% of seats are reserved for men. It is necessary for an individual to be from Karnataka state. The road transport companies will be given reimbursement according to the distance traveled by the women of the state. With the help of the Seva Sindhu Portal, the females are allowed to apply for the Shakti Smart Card within three months. Further information related to ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ is mentioned below in this article.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Shakti Scheme 2023
Through the implementation of the scheme, Congress is fulfilling its promise of free rides for women in government buses. Transgender individuals are allowed to take the benefit of the scheme. Under the scheme, free travel in buses is not allowed outside the state. State road transport corporations such as KSRTC, NWKRTC, and KKRTC will be reserving reserve 50% of their seats for men. Residents of the state can use their identity cards issued by the central or state government till the Shakti Smart Cards get issued.
31st July Update:- Karnataka government would reimburse RTCs for Free Travel from August
Beginning in August, the Karnataka government would reimburse the Road Transport Corporations (RTCs) for the cost of the free women’s travel Shakti scheme depending on the number of zero tickets distributed to commuters. Beginning in August, we’ve made the decision to compensate for zero-ticket purchases during the first week of each month. Reimbursement for June will be processed within the first week of August. Making RTC payments on time will benefit the firms and ensure that the plan won’t have any financial burdens. Based on data from Shakti smart cards or the zero ticket, the government has chosen to reimburse the firms for the expense of free travel.
12th June Update:- Karnataka Govt Launched Shakti Scheme
Karnataka government introduced the ‘Shakti Yojana’ free travel initiative for women in KSRTC and BMTC state-run buses. The government authorities also gave away some free passes to women during the program’s debut so they could ride for free on KSRTC and BMTC buses as part of the “Shakti Yojana.” More than 41.8 lakh female travelers will gain from the change. Women in Karnataka will be able to ride government-run buses in the state for free, thanks to the Shakti Yojana. Over 41.8 lakh women will use this free transport service daily. The program will cost the state exchequer around Rs 4,051.56 billion each year. All women who reside in the state of Karnataka are eligible for the program.
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ Details
|Name of the article||Karnataka Shakti Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Karnataka|
|Implemented from||11 June 2023|
|Beneficiaries||Women of the state|
|Benefits||To provide free transportation in the state.|
Objective of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
The main aim of the state government is to provide free bus rides to the women of the state. The free bus ride scheme for women will promote gender equality and empower women by addressing the barriers they may face in accessing transportation services.
Benefits of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- By providing free bus rides, women will get improved access to transportation services. This can increase their mobility, enabling them to travel to work, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, and other essential destinations more easily.
- Free bus ride schemes will lessen the financial burden on women by eliminating transportation costs. This can help women save money that can be used for other essential needs like food, education, or healthcare.
- Access to free bus rides can encourage more women to join the workforce. It eliminates the barrier of transportation expenses, making it possible for women to search for employment opportunities and contribute to the economy.
- The facility of free transportation can empower women by promoting their independence. It allows them to travel freely with transportation options.
Buses Allowed for Travel under Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC)
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC)
- North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC)
- Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC).
Buses Not Allowed for Travel under ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
- Non-AC sleeper
- Vajra, Vayu Vajra
- Airavat Club Class
- Airavat Gold Class
- Ambari Dream Class
- Ambari Utsav Fly Bus
- Airavat Gold Class
- Ambari, Ambari Dream Class
- Ambari Utsav Fly Bus
- EV Power Plus
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- It is necessary for an individual to be from Karnataka state.
- The transgender community people are allowed to take benefits of the scheme.
- Women of the state are allowed to receive the advantage of the scheme.
Procedure to Apply for Shakti Smart Card
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Seva Sindhu portal, i.e. https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- If you are a new user firstly, you have to do registration.
- After successful registration, log in to the portal by entering asked details.
- After login, you can apply for the smart card.
- Click on the Apply for Shakti Smart Card option.
- A new page will be displayed with an application form.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Click on the Submit option.