The Sandhya Suraksha Yojana, sponsored by the Karnataka State Government, aims to offer financial support and assistance to the state’s senior residents. The aging people who need more care can do so thanks to this program. The program also offers monthly pensions to the recipients, which they can use to pay for elderly citizens’ essential amenities. Read below to check the detailed information related to Karnataka Old Age Pension like Highlights, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Apply for the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana, and much more.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana 2023
The Karnataka State Government’s Sandhya Suraksha welfare project aims to provide older residents in the state with financial support and assistance. The elderly who require more care can receive it owing to this service. The program also provides users with monthly pensions, which they can use to cover the costs of basic services for senior adults. Apply online for the Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Pension Scheme to adhere to the standard. Eligible citizens can apply for the scheme on the official website i.e., sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in.
Karnataka Old Age Pension Details in Highlights
|Name||Sandhya Suraksha Yojana|
|Initiated by||Government of Karnataka|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Karnataka|
Benefits of Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana are as follows:
- The State government would provide a set monthly pension of Rs. 1000 to the program’s recipients.
- Beneficiaries who travel with KSRTC will receive discounted bus passes.
- The Sandhya Suraksha Yojana will not only give the eligible recipients cash aid, but it will also give the NGOs the support they need to establish up old age homes for the benefit of the elderly.
- In addition to the monthly pension, the government will work with NGOs to help the beneficiaries by financing their access to medical care. The need for medical treatment is greatest in old age.
- Identity cards will be issued to the program’s recipients by the NGOs helping the government implement the program. The NGOs would receive a payment of Rs. 25 for each identity card that is issued.
- At various locations, there are also help lines that will receive assistance from the police department and NGOs. Under this program, the police will react to every senior citizen’s stress call.
- To support and care for the elderly, the government has established daycare facilities.
Features of Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
Some of the key features of the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana are as follows:
- The program will not only offer the eligible recipients the necessary financial support, but it will also give vital help to the NGOs in setting up old age homes so they can care for the elderly.
- The NGOs that will help the government-run this program will also provide identity cards to program participants. The NGOs would be given Rs. 25 for each identity card issued.
- The state government would provide recipients of this program with a set monthly income of Rs. 1000. Additionally, those who use KSRTC for transportation will receive bus passes so they can access discounted bus service.
- In addition to the normal pension, the government will work with the recipients’ NGOs to offer medical facilities. The need for medical treatment is greatest in old age.
- The government has established certain daycare facilities in places like Gulbarga, Belgaum, Hubli-Dharward, Bangalore, etc. to look after and help the elderly.
- As part of the program, 14 helplines have also been established in cities like Bangalore, Hubli-Dharwad, Raichur, Mysore, Shimoga, Mangalore, etc., with assistance from the police department and non-governmental organizations. Under this program, the police will attend to each stress call made by the senior citizen.
Karnataka Old Age Pension Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The applicants applying for Sandhya Suraksha Yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must reside in Karnataka permanently.
- The applicant must be 65 years of age or older.
- According to certification from the local revenue authorities, the proposed pensioner’s and his or her spouse’s total annual income cannot exceed Rs. 20,000.
- The income of adult children will not be included in the computation of the projected social security pensioner’s income if the beneficiary declares their own income.
- The combined bank balance maintained by the pensioner and his spouse cannot exceed Rs. 10,000.
- People who receive an old age pension, a destitute widow pension, a pension for a physical disability, or any other type of pension from a public or private source are not eligible for this programme.
Required Documents to Apply
Some of the important documents required for the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana are as follows:
- Residence Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Age Proof like SSLC Marks card, Passport, Ration card, Driving Licence, Election card, etc
- Occupational certification to be signed by the Tahsildar of the respective taluk
- Bank passbook
Steps to Apply for the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
To Apply for the Karnataka Old Age Pension, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of Sandhya Suraksha Yojana i.e., sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now, from the homepage, click o the register now option.
- Register yourself on the portal and after successful registration, log in with the details.
- Select the Apply for Sandhya Suraksha Yojana option.
- An application Form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Click on the submit option.