Karnataka Labour Card The Karnataka Labour Card is a programme that offers workers in the state of Karnataka several incentives. You can be interested in learning how to apply for this card online, check its status, download it, and use its benefits if you work as a labourer or in construction in Karnataka.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Labour Card 2024
The Karnataka Labour Card is a document issued by the Karnataka Labour Department that verifies your status as a registered worker. Depending on your occupation, it is given by either the Karnataka State Unorganised Worker Social Security Board (KSUWSSB) or the Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (KBOCWWB). You get access to several social security and welfare programmes with this work card, including health insurance, maternity benefits, financial aid for school, pensions, accident compensation, and more.
Karnataka Labour Card Details in Highlights
|Karnataka Labour Card
|Karnataka Labour Department
|verifies your status as a registered worker
Types of Labour Cards
A building card or a social card are the two types of labour cards that workers in Karnataka may own.
Employees who work for a licenced contractor are eligible to receive a building card. The bearer of this widely used card can access nearly all perks.
Workers who perform non-building tasks, such as farming, horticulture, etc., are eligible to use the social card. Benefits from health insurance are accessible to the user of this card.
Karnataka Labour Card Benefits
The Karnataka Labour Card offers its employees a range of welfare and social security benefits. Among these advantages are:
- Up to Rs. 2 lakhs in annual health insurance coverage for the insured and their dependents.
- maternity benefits up to the first two children: Rs. 20,000 for male children and Rs. 30,000 for female children.
- Up to Rs. 20,000 in annual education aid is available for students in classes 1 through 10, and up to Rs. 40,000 is available for students in classes 11 through a diploma or graduate programs.
- For employees who have reached 60 years of age and have made contributions for at least three years, a pension of Rs. 1,000 per month is awarded.
- Up to Rs. 5 lakhs in accident-related death benefits or permanent disability benefits, and up to Rs. 2 lakhs in accident-related partial disability benefits.
- ten thousand rupees for funeral costs in the event of an employee’s passing.
- A 50,000-rupee marriage assistance program is available to workers or the children of workers getting married.
- Up to Rs. 2 lakhs in housing assistance for home building or acquisition, or up to Rs. 50,000 for home repair or restoration.
To be eligible for a labour card, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- Your age should be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- It is required of you to be registered as a worker with the local District Labour Office.
- It is expected of you to be a Karnataka resident.
Documents Required to Apply
Following are the documents required for the Karnataka Labour Card.
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account number
- Family member’s Aadhaar card
- A Passport size photograph
- Ration card (optional)
After you have successfully registered as a labourer in Karnataka, you can access various schemes and services such as accident benefits, medical assistance, education support, etc. through the portal.
How Can I Apply Online for Karnataka Labour Card?
An online site has been made available by the Karnataka government to facilitate the registration of Karnataka labour cards. By using this online site, labourers and construction workers both can apply for a labour card. This portal was created specifically for activities about employment regulations and the health, safety, and welfare of workers by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Follow the steps below to apply Online for a Labour Card.
- Navigate to the ‘online registration and renewal’ tab on the official website.
- When the “Labour Act management” page opens, carefully read all of the instructions.
- Choose the ‘New Registration’ tab to register for a portal account.
- Enter your information, including your name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Enter your Aadhar number and use an OTP to confirm it.
- Choose your profession using the drop-down menu.
- Provide the required documentation, including proof of identification, proof of address, proof of age, proof of job, etc.
- Use a debit card, credit card, or net banking to pay the Rs. 25 registration cost online.
- Once your application is submitted, make a note of the application number for your records.
How Can I Check Status
By following these procedures, you can check the status of your Karnataka Labour Card application online:
- Go to the Karnataka Labour Department’s official website.
- Choose the renewal tab and online registration
- Select the Application Status option.
- After entering your application number and completing the captcha, click “Search.”
- Your application’s status will be displayed to you on the screen.
How to Download Online Karnataka Labour Card 2024?
After your application is accepted, you can download your Karnataka Labour Card online by following the steps below:
- Go to the Karnataka Labour Department’s official website.
- Choose the online registration and renewal tab.
- Select the Download Registration Certificate option.
- After inputting your registration number, select “Search.”
- Your labour card details will appear on the screen.
- To save your labour card as a PDF file, click the “Download” option.
Yes, under the stipend system, registered construction workers’ children will receive between Rs. 3,000 and Rs. 70,000. Furthermore, the Karnataka Labour Welfare Board offers scholarships to workers’ children as a means of supporting their education.
The Karnataka government’s e-labour portal is where you may apply online for a labour card.
Workers in the construction industry, electricians, plumbers, painters, and other labourers are eligible to apply for a labour card.