Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme:- Chief Minister and Finance Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday offered insurance coverage of Rs 4 lakh for gig workers, possibly a first for any state. He was presenting his 14th budget overall and first for the current Congress administration. Siddaramaiah specifically mentioned e-commerce delivery workers when he presented the plan. Read below to check the detailed information related to Gig Workers Insurance Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features & Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2023
CM K. Siddaramaiah introduced this Delivery Man Scheme in the State on July 7. The 4 lakh insurance coverage provided by this gig worker insurance program will go towards the delivery boys for online shopping. Under this program, the Karnataka State Government will provide benefits for 2 lakh in life insurance and 2 lakh in accident insurance to any eligible person who worked for an online retailer such as Zomato, Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, etc.
11th Sept Update: Karnataka CM Rolls Out Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
The state government launched the insurance program with a Rs. 4 lakh cover on Monday for gig workers throughout the state. After Rajasthan, Karnataka is the second state to introduce an insurance programme for gig workers. . The full payment for the programme that provides employees with a 2 lakh rupee life insurance cover and a 2 lakh rupees accidental cover will be covered by the state.
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name||Gig Workers Insurance Scheme|
|Introduced By||Chief Minister Siddaramaiah|
|Introduced On||7th July, 2023|
|Beneficiary||Delivery Man of E Commerce Company|
|Insurance Amount for Accident||2 lakh Rupees per Year|
|Life Insurance Amount||2 Lakh Rupees per Year|
|Total Insurance Amount||4 Lakh Rupees per Year|
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme Objective
Providing them with insurance benefits is the primary goal of the Starting Insurance Scheme for Gig Workers. Because all of these gig workers deliver your goods promptly to your home or workplace without wasting time during any season. They are in charge of timely product delivery during any season, whether it be winter, summer, or rainy. Because of this, the state government offers them coverage under this scheme for both life and accident insurance.
Features & Benefits of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of this insurance scheme are as follows:
- The scheme benefits are available to you whether you are a full-time or part-time delivery worker.
- the Karnataka State Government will cover your premium for the entire year.
- You can make insurance claims totaling Rs. 2 lakh for life insurance and Rs. 2 lakh for accident insurance.
- Your annual insurance claim total will be 4 lakh.
- The Rs. 4 lakh Insurance Scheme’s biggest feature is that there are no premiums to pay in order to obtain insurance coverage.
- For the gig workers in the state of Karnataka, the Accident + Life Insurance Scheme will be highly beneficial.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
The applicants applying for the insurance scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The advantages of the insurance program are only available to residents of Karnataka.
- Both full-time and part-time gig workers who have worked for the applicant are qualified to get insurance benefits.
- Only people who are employed as delivery drivers for an online retailer are eligible i.e., Zomato, Swiggy, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and so on.
Required Documents to Apply
Some of the important documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Death Certificate (If Applicable)
- Doctor Prescription (In case of Accident)
- E-Commerce Company ID
- Bank Account Details
Application Procedure for Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
The Government of Karnataka has recently introduced this scheme. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.