WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme:- A new scheme has been launched by the Chief Minister of West Bengal State to help all of the poor people of the West Bengal State, this new scheme is known as the West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme. Today in this article, we will discuss different important features and benefits of the scheme. We have written a step-by-step guide through which you can apply for the West Bengal Joy Bangla scheme. We have also provided important dates for the scheme and also we have provided the eligibility criteria and the important documents which are required to apply for the scheme.
Table of Contents
West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023
The West Bengal Joy Bangla pension scheme has been launched into phases. These two phases will separately benefit the socially backward category of our society which is the scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe. The scheme which was launched for the scheduled caste category is known as the Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme. The scheme which has been launched for the scheduled tribe category is known as the Jai Johar scheme. Both of these schemes will benefit the different castes and categories of society.
Details Of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
|Name||West Bengal Joy Bangla pension|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of West Bengal state|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
Benefits Of Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
There are many benefits of the West Bengal Bangla pension scheme which is announced by the finance minister of West Bengal state that is Mr. Amit Mitra. First of all, two schemes will be launched under the one-parent scheme the West Bengal Joy Bangla scheme. Two separate schemes will be provided to the resident of the West Bengal State so that they can avail of the benefits of the scheme separately. Each of the schemes has different types of incentives available under them.
Incentives Under The Scheme
- In Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme Rupees 600 will be provided to all of the beneficiaries.
- In the Jai Johar scheme Rupees, 1000 will be provided to all of the beneficiaries.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the West Bengal pension scheme you have to follow the following eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal state.
- The applicant must belong to BPL category.
- An applicant must belong to the scheduled caste or scheduled tribe community.
- The applicant must be not above the age of 60 years
- The applicant must not be enrolled in other pension schemes of the West Bengal State.
Features of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- Beneficiaries will get the benefits directly into their bank account
- Government is going to launch separate portal for this scheme soon
- Approx. 21 lakh people of the state will get benefits of this scheme
- Any candidate of SC/ ST who is Old aged/ widow/ PwD can apply.
- Yet budget is not finalized by the government
Documents Required to Apply
The following documents are required while applying for the West Bengal Joy Bangla pension scheme:-
- Passport Photograph
- Copy of Caste Certificate
- Copy of Digital Certificate from Appropriate Authority
- A Copy of the Digital Ration Card
- Copy of Aadhaar Card, if available
- Copy of Voter Id
- The Copy of Residential Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Copy of Income Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Copy of Bank Pass Book
In Case Of Death
If the candidate of the pension scheme of West Bengal in terms of the time of pension dies, then the following procedures will be undertaken by the concerned authorities:-
- On the death of an applicant of pension and after proper veriﬁcation of such information, the Department shall take steps for the stoppage of pension.
- In case of the death of the recipient of the pension, the amount due shall be released to the nominee as indicated in the application form.
Application Procedure Of West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
To apply for the West Bengal Joy Bangla scheme you need to follow the following application procedure given below:-
- Visit the official website given here
- After landing on the homepage, click on the option known as West Bengal Bangla pension scheme registration
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- You can also obtain this application form from your nearby government offices.
- Click on the link given here to directly download the application form on your computer
- Fill up the application form.
- Take a print out of the application form and fill the details in it such as beneficiary name, gender, DOB, age, father name, mother name, caste etc.
- Thereafter attach the documents as listed
- You have to submit your filled application form to the following offices according to your area-
- The Block Development Ofﬁcer in case the applicant residing in rural areas
- The Sub-Divisional Ofﬁcer in case of the applicant is residing in Municipal / Notiﬁed areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation
- Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case the applicant resided in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
Points To Remember While Filling Application Form
- Must fill the application form with accurate details in Block letter only
- Remember to fill in the mandatory columns
- Submit a self-attested copy of the documents only
- Must Affix the passport-size photograph on the Application form
Selection Procedure Of Joy Bangla Pension Beneficiary
After you will submit the form the following selection procedure will be undertaken by the concerned authorities:-
- The Application Forms will be duly veriﬁed by the BDO/SDO or Commissioner of KMC
- They will ensure the eligibility of the applicants under the scheme.
- All the eligible forms deposited physically shall be digitized and uploaded in the State Portal by the BDO/SDO 0r Commissioner of KMC.
- The BDO and SDO will recommend the names of the eligible persons in digitized form to the District Magistrate through the State Portal.
- The District Magistrate will then forward it to the Nodal Department.
- The Commissioner, KMC will recommend the names of eligible persons to the Nodal Department directly through the State Portal.
- The Nodal Department will sanction the pension
- The payment will be made directly to the bank account of the beneﬁciary through the WBIFMS portal.
- The State Portal will be integrated with WBIFMS for seamless ﬂow of disbursement of pension
- The pension will be sanctioned on the 1st of every month.