J&K Ladli Beti Scheme:- A social assistance program that is sponsored by the Jammu and Kashmir governments and is intended for female children who were born in the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh on or after April 1, 2015. The plan’s purpose is to reverse the trend of decreasing females to males in the population. In addition to this, the plan wants to make it so that the female kid does not wind up being a financial burden on her parents or guardians once she gets married. In today’s article, we will talk about the scheme in detail along with the requirements in order to apply for the scheme.
Table of Contents
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
Jammu & Kashmir’s BJP-led CM, Mehbooba Mufti, declared the Ladli Beti Yojana’s formal execution. Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta inaugurated an end-to-end digitized e-service for the Ladli Beti program, which was planned and created by the National Informatics Center as a single platform for application submission and tracking.
This solution enables applicants to apply, verify, and follow the progress of their application, which will be sent online by stakeholders. Registered applications and letters will be sent to banks electronically. This tool allows the applicant to apply, examine, and follow the progress of the request, which will be sent electronically to the next level. Online approvals and digitally signed letters will be sent to banks.
Under this program, any girls born on or after 1 April 2015 whose parents’ or guardians’ annual income does not exceed Rs 75,000 are eligible for coverage. After achieving the age of 21 years, the female child would get an approximate sum of Rs 6.50 lakhs. Beneficiaries will receive Rs 1000 per month deposited into their bank accounts through DBT till they reach the age of 14.
The Child Development Protection Officers can reject/return the application (in the event of deficiencies) or transmit the application to the DPO for approval within 15 days. Similarly, the District Programme Officer may dismiss/return the application (in the event of deficiencies) or transmit it to the Deputy Commissioner for approval within 10 days.
Deputy Commissioners may dismiss after documenting the grounds or approve the application within 20 days and transmit it to concerned authorities for financial assistance. In the previous 3 years, almost 1 lakh female children have been connected to the Ladli Beti Program.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Objectives
The ratio of girls to men in the population has been dropping in recent years, and the goal of this strategy is to stop that trend. In addition to this, the strategy seeks to ensure that the female child will not become a monetary burden on her parents or guardians after she has tied the knot. This will be accomplished by ensuring that she is provided for financially.
Benefits and Features of J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
- The girl’s natural or legal guardian must start a recurring deposit account.
- J&K Government would contribute Rs. 1000/month for 14 years from the female birth/account opening. UT will give Rs. 168,000.
- In Phase I, J&K Government may only contribute Rs. 1000/month (RD Account)
- Phase I (recurring deposit account) matures into Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No partial draws or foreclosures at any phase.
- Maturity benefits under the system will be given to the recipient at 21 years of age, 21 years after the first payment, or 85 months after the final installment, whichever is later. The female kid might reinvest the money in any bank’s card-rate deposit plan.
- Scheme doesn’t allow nominations. In the event of the girl child’s death, the account will be closed immediately and the balance amount along with interest will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh. If the beneficiary dies before she turns 21, the Recurring Deposit account / Term Deposit account will be shut before maturity without pre-payment fees.
- Even if the female kid whose name is on the account moves to another city or town, the account cannot be relocated.
- The beneficiary/parent or guardian must submit a ‘life certificate of the beneficiary (female child)’ attested by a gazetted official or the principal of the school/college where she is enrolled every three years and at maturity.
- As the plan is for low-income families, TDS is not deducted as long as the guardian/beneficiary submits form 15G/15H annually and has a valid PAN.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Eligibility
- The program is accessible to females born on or after April 1, 2015. Any girl born before the deadline can’t establish an account.
- Area-specific criteria — Interested parents must acquire all documentation approved by the CDPO. Anantnag, Jammu, Budgam, Kathua, Samba, and Pulwama may approve documents.
- Parents who earn less than Rs. 75,000 per year may join the initiative. Thus, it empowers backward and underprivileged locals
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Documents
- Application Form KYC Standards which is to be filled.
- Letter of Parental/Guardian Approval from the Child Development Project Officer
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Form Download
- First, visit the official website at www.jk.gov.in/jammukashmir.
- Click the “Click Here to Apply for Ladli Beti Scheme” link in the ‘Go Live Services‘ section of the webpage.
- The home login URL for the J&K eservices site will thereafter become available.
- Click the link for Citizen Registration. The CSC Digital Seva Connect page will open.
- You may visit any nearby CSC, log in with your CSC ID, and then fill out the online J&K Ladli Beti Scheme application form for 2023.