Scholarships are of great importance to all of the students who are not able to pay their fees because of the financial burden of their family. Moreover, the families in India are very poor to even eat properly so, the government always comes up with the different scholarship schemes to help all of the students who want to study and gain higher education. In this article today we will talk about the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme which was launched by the YSR government of Andhra Pradesh state. In this article, we will share all the details about the scholarship scheme such as application form, eligibility criteria, documents required, etc.
AP Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
The scholarship scheme was launched by the Andhra Pradesh Government, mainly the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh that is Mr Jagan Mohan Reddy. Through the implementation of this scheme, financial funds will be provided to all of the students who are willing to study and gain higher education but they are unable to pay their fees because of the financial burden of their family. Many of the students in Andhra Pradesh state are of a great academic score but are unable to pay their fees because they don’t have enough money to even eat properly. So, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh state has launched the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme to help all those students.
Details Of Jagananna Vidya Deevena
|Name||Jagananna Vidya Deevena|
|Launched by||CM of Andhra Pradesh|
|Beneficiaries||Students of the state|
|Objective||Providing financial funds for study|
Benefits Of The Scheme
There are many benefits of the scheme and the one benefit that has grabbed all of the attention of the residents of Andhra Pradesh state is the free of cost education which will be provided to all of the beneficiaries who pass the eligibility criteria of the scheme which is given below. Also, tuition fees, mess charges, hostel charges will be exempted from all of the students who excel in the studies as per the reports of their academics which will be provided by their hostels or by their college itself. Also, monetary incentives will be provided every year to all of the beneficiaries.
List Of Courses Covered Under Jagananna Vidya Deevena
Many courses are included in the Jagananna Vidya deevena scheme so that all of the students from all of the fields are included in the scheme:-
- And Other Degree/ PG Courses
Incentives In The Scheme
As mentioned above, many incentives are provided to all of the beneficiaries who enrolled themselves in the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme as announced by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh state. The complete list of incentives which will you provided to all of the beneficiaries is given below:-
- Tuition fee
plus hostel fee for the students who are pursuing the following courses-
- Engineering etc.
- The students will be given Rs 20,000/- per year.
- Students studying from Welfare hostels will be exempted from mess charges.
- Money incentives are as
- Rs 15,000 for Polytechnic students
- Rs 10,000 for ITI Students
- Rs 20,000 for Graduate Degree and other courses.
If you want to enroll yourself under the Jagananna Vidya deevena scheme then you can follow the following eligibility criteria given below:-
- Government job employees are not eligible for the scheme.
- If anyone in the family is availing pension then he or she is not eligible for the scheme.
- Sanctuary workers are exempted from the scheme.
- The students pursuing the
following courses are eligible-
- The students must be enrolled
in the following institution-
- Government or Government Aided
- Private Colleges affiliated to State Universities/ Boards.
- The family’s annual income should be less than Rs 2.5 Lakh per anum.
- Beneficiaries should only have the wetland below 10 acres/ agricultural land below 25 acres/ or wetland and agricultural land under 25 acres.
- The beneficiaries should not own any four-wheelers (Car, Taxi, Auto, etc).
The following documents are required if you are applying for the scheme in the Andhra Pradesh region:-
- Residential proof
- Aadhar card
- College admission certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate
- BPL or EWS certificates
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Bank account details
Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Guidelines
On 23rd March 2020 Chief Secretary Satish Chandra, Higher Education Department Andhra Pradesh issued the Guidelines for the implementation of the Jagananna Vidya Deevena. Following are the guidelines issued by the department:
- Fee in the colleges will be collected on the basis of the notification released by the State Higher Education Regulatory and Monitoring Commission on the fee.
- No other fee should be collected from the students other than decided by the government.
- Now attendance of students, teaching and non-teaching staff will be recorded through Aadhaar-linked Biometric Attendance.
- Fee reimbursement is not applicable if the student’s attendance is less than 75%.
- This scheme is not applicable to deemed and private varsities.
- Scheme is not applicable to students studying through distance learning and correspondence courses
- This scheme is not applicable to the student belonging to management and NRI quotas.
Due to coronavirus all the institutions and colleges are closed till 31st March 2020. In such a lockdown situation all over the country, the state government has decided that those students who get lunch in the school will get it delivered to their homes. State Government of Andhra Pradesh also issued an order to the district education officials and concerned departments for arranging rice, eggs and peanut ‘chikkis” to be distributed among the students. Village Volunteers will distribute these food items among the children at their homes directly.
Process To Apply For Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
To apply for the scholarship scheme, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- First, visit the official website of the scheme.
- Click on the Official Notification Of AP YSR Jagananna Deevena Scheme.
- Or click on the direct link given here
- Fill in the application form of the scheme.
- Upload the documents mentioned above.
- Click on submit.
- Take a print out for future use.
Checking List of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
If you want to check the list of the beneficiaries that are included in the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme, then you can follow the following steps given below:-
- The candidates will have to click on Official Website
- After landing on the web page, click on the text with a blue color to get Detailed Reports.
- Select your “District Name”
- Select your location
- Choose Rural Or Urban.
- Note your Secretariat Code.
- To display the Eligible List go to the webpage with the following