The country is going through a lockdown because of the current outburst of the pandemic that is coronavirus so the government has come up with the Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana that will be implemented very soon to help all of the migrant workers that have been living in the state. In this article today we will share with you all of the important aspects of the Gujarat Anna Brahma scheme. In this article, we will also share with you the step by step procedure through which you can take the free ration which is distributed by the Gujarat government.
About Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana scheme is a very good initiative which has been started with the view of distributing free ration to all of the residences of the Gujarat state. Through the implementation of the ration scheme, many of the migrant workers who have come from the state of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh or any such state will be able to gain food ingredients without any of the precious money that they still have although many of the workers are almost living in poverty because of the lost work.
Details Of Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
|Name||Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana|
|Launched by||Gujarat Government|
|Objective||Providing ration free of cost|
- The scheme will be inaugurated on 4th April 2020.
Benefits Of Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
There are many benefits of the scheme. The main benefits which will be provided to the residents of the state will be the availability of free of cost of food items for of the migrant worker who has come from other states such as Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh or even Bihar. All of the residents will be able to gain food without giving any money to anyone. The food items will be available at the ration shop near your houses. This scheme is a great initiative for all of the poor people of the Gujarat state. Government has set up 83 relief camps in the state where poor families of migrant labourers and others are getting food and shelter.
Incentives Under Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
The following incentives will be provided under the scheme which will be launched by the Gujarat government:-
- The BPL families in the state will be provided Rs. 1,000 in the month of April.
- Rs. 1.50 electricity duty will be charged on the consumption of 50 units which was earlier 30 units for BPL families.
- Fixed charges on electricity bill have been waived off for the month of April for small industries, factories and MSMEs in the states.
- Rs. 30 to 35 crore financial aid for gaushalas and cattle ponds.
- Rs. 25 per animal for April 2020 would be provided to all gaushalas and cattle ponds.
- Advance allowance to pensioners including senior citizens, widows and persons with disabilities.
- Rs. 221 crore has been deposited in over 13 lakh people bank accounts.
- Directed small and large businesses and the MSMEs to pay their employee’s salaries and wages to their labourers regularly without any deductions till the entire lockdown period i.e 14 April 2020.
The following documents are required while getting the free ration from the PDS shops:-
- Aadhaar card
- Identification proofs
- Certificate of migrant worker
There is no fixed registration procedure under the scheme. You will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme if you have a correct proof that you are a migrant worker from other states. You will get the ration from your nearest PDS office.