Girijana Bandhu Scheme:- Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao stated in the Assembly on Friday that the BRS administration would begin distributing pattas for the 11.5 lakh acres of podu land, putting an end to the long-running podu lands problem. Read below to get detailed information related to the Telangana Girijana Bandhu Scheme like highlights, Eligibility Criteria, Key Points, Application Process, and much more
Table of Contents
Girijana Bandhu Scheme Telangana 2023
The state government surveyed podu property and discovered that tribal people and others owned approximately 11.5 lakh acres of forest land that they were cultivating. Pattas would only be distributed to the recipients after village committees, ZPTCs, sarpanches, and local tribal leaders of the respective areas provided the government with a written guarantee that there would be no more encroachment on forest land. Anyone who trespassed on forest land after getting pattas would have to pay them back.
The CM informed the House that members of the forward caste communities were marrying indigenous women to acquire podu lands, citing survey results. According to surveys, few people were determined to be the owners of podu lands up to 20 to 30 acres. Several forests and green cover vanished from Telangana because successive governments in undivided AP failed to take tough action against encroachers, therefore serious action should be taken against forest lands encroachment and if it is allowed, it will cause enormous harm to the environment and ecological balance.
Details of Telangana Girijana Bandhu Scheme
|Name||Girijana Bandhu Scheme|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao|
|Objective||distributing pattas for the 11.5 lakh acres of podu land|
Eligibility Criteria for Girijana Bandhu Scheme Telangana
- The Scheduled Tribes will also be a part of the Girijan Bandhu program, but only those who are landless will be eligible for the benefits.
- The CM also told the Assembly that Rythu Bandhu, power, and irrigation facilities would be made available to beneficiaries of podu lands.
Girijana Bandhu Scheme Telangana Key Points
- Some of the important key points of Girijana Bandhu Scheme Telangana are as follows:
- One should understand that receiving pattas for podu lands is not their right.
- They should understand that they are encroachers and that they will only be granted pattas for humanitarian reasons.
- This will be the last and final time in the state that beneficiaries of podu lands will receive pattas.
- Instead of trying to influence voters or win elections, this is being done for humanitarian reasons.
- The government will no longer let anyone intrude on forest lands by even a small amount. To stop encroachments, the government would set up boundaries for forest lands and assign armed guards.
- The recipients will also be requested to work as forest guardians, and a formal pledge will be established as the foundation of this record.
Girijana Bandhu Scheme Sectors
The sectors under Girijan Bandhu Scheme are as follows:
- Agriculture & Allied
- Retails & Shops
- Manufacturing & Industry
- Animal Husbandry
- Services & Supplies
Telangana Girijana Bandhu Scheme Application Process
As the scheme is recently announced by the Chief Minister of Telangana, there is no certain application process revealed yet, and also no official website has been declared for the application process by the government. As soon as there is any update on the application process, we will let you know through our website, kindly stay connected.