EPF Claim Status Online, How to Check EPF Claim Status by Miss Call, SMS, UAN Number, Tracking ID, Under Process Form
After requesting to withdraw their EPF money, employees will be able to verify the claim’s PF status. Since the EPFO introduced the Universal Account Number (UAN), withdrawing EPF funds has been easy and may be done online. But, employees must activate their UANs to claim the EPF amount online. On the EPFO portal, the activation procedure can be completed. Read below to get detailed information related to the EPF Claim Status like Highlights, Steps to Check EPF Claim Status Using EPFO Portal, through Missed Call, SMS, UMANG App, and much more
EPF Claim Status 2023
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a government-backed savings program designed to assist workers in covering their retirement obligations. The Government Provident Fund (GPF) is the EPF for government employees. The EPF or GPF is most frequently abbreviated as PF. A monthly contribution to the employee’s EPF account is made by both the employee and the employer under the PF program. 12% of an employee’s base income should be the minimum contribution. A 12% contribution from the employee’s base income, or the company, is also required. Employees can check the status of their PF claim online or offline if they want to withdraw money from their PF account and submit a claim.
EPF Claim Status Highlights
|Name||EPF Claim Status|
|Initiated by||Employees’ Provident Fund Organization|
|Methods to Check EPF Claim Status||EPFO PortalMissed CallSMSUMANG App|
Who is Eligible to Submit an EPF Claim
In the following circumstances, anyone with an EPF account would be considered qualified to receive the accrued money.
- Post-retirement: Holders of Post-retirement Accounts who are more than 55 years old are eligible to claim the entire EPF corpus. On the other hand, those who choose early retirement would not be qualified to receive the full value.
- Before Retirement: Up to 90% of an employee’s EPF corpus may be claimed before retirement if they are 54 years old and retire within a year.
- If someone is unemployed: If an account holder is out of work for more than a month, they may be eligible to receive up to 75% of their EPF corpus. However, they would be forced to transfer 25% of the same to their EPF account when they started new employment. An individual may collect their whole EPF corpus if they have been unemployed for more than two months.
Information Required to Check EPF Claim Status
The information required to Check EPF Claim Status is as follows:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Employer details
- EPF regional office of your employer
- Extension code (if relevant)
Steps to Check EPF Claim Status Using EPFO Portal
To Check EPF Claim Status Using EPFO Portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, India (EPFO)
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Services tab followed by the For Employees option
- A new page will open on the screen
- Click on the Know Your Claim Status link
- A new page will open on the screen
- Click on the Click here to get redirected to the passbook application link
- The login page will open on the screen
- Now, enter your Universal Account Number (UAN), password and the captcha code to get logged in to your registered account
- Once you are successfully logged in, the dashboard of your account will open on the screen
- Click on the View Claim Status option
- Finally, the EPF Claim Status will open on your screen
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status through a Missed Call
With their registered cellphone number, employees can make a missed call to 011-22901406 to find out the status of their PF claim. An employee must nevertheless connect their cell number to their UAN. An employee has to update their Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhar, and bank account details on the UAN portal. As the call automatically disconnects after two rings, an employee will not be charged in any way. On the registered mobile number of an employee, an SMS with the claim information will be delivered.
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status through SMS
By sending an SMS, employees can find out the status of their claims. The SMS must be sent from a cell phone number that the employee has linked to the UAN portal. The SMS must be sent to the number 7738299899 and must be formatted as “EPFOHO UAN LAN”. The language indicated by LAN in the format is the one in which the employee prefers to receive information. The table for the several language and code combinations that the SMS capability supports is provided below:
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status through the UMANG App
To check EPF Claim Status through the UMANG App, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, open the Play Store or App Store on your smart device
- Now, search for the UMANG app and download and install the app on your device
- Now, open the UMANG App
- Now, two options will be available to get logged in to your registered account i.e.,
- Login with OTP
- Now, enter your mobile number and select one of the options
- If you select Login with OTP, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP in the specified space and click on the Login button
- Now, you will be redirected to the EPFO portal main page.
- Now, select the Employee-Centric Services
- After that, click on the Track Clam option
- A new page will open on the screen where you can check your claim status