What is E-Passbook, Features & Benefits | How to Check SSY, PPF Account Balance using E-Passbook Facility, Know Process | Electronic Passbook for Post Office Small Savings Scheme Account Holders
The Post Office Savings Bank plan can now use an electronic passbook. This was made possible by the Government of India (GoI) in 2022. Customers of Postal Savings Bank will now be able to use this new service. The notice was published by the post office stating that the relevant decision to establish the e-passbook facility from 12.10.2022 forward to offer improved and simplified digital services to account holders of the modest savings plan. Customers with savings accounts at the Post Office will be able to access their passbooks at the Post Office Savings Bank online right after this service goes live. In today’s article, we will learn about the E-passbook in detail. Besides, we will check how to use the services on e-Passbook.
Account holders in the National now have access to an electronic passbook thanks to a new feature that the government has made available. This was announced by Devusinh Chauhan, who works for the Union’s Ministry of State for Communication. Consumers who have accounts with the Post Office Small Savings Scheme may view the facts of their accounts even if they do not have access to mobile banking or the internet. The plan has a variety of features, such as the ability to check your balance and see mini-to-full statements of your checking account. The electronic passbook service is available to account holders at no additional cost when they use their registered mobile phone numbers to log in.
E-Passbook Facility Overview
|Facility Name||E Passbook|
|Launch By||Government of India|
|Benefits||Check services online|
|Beneficiaries||Savings account holders in Post Office Savings Bank|
The reason for the introduction of the e passbook service was to provide clients with an easier way to see their bank information. After this service goes live, customers having savings accounts at the Post Office will be able to access their passbooks at the Post Office Savings Bank online and therefore its called e passbook.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
E-Passbook Facility Features
The following are some of the features of the E passbook facility:
- Account holders can examine the current balance of any and all National savings Scheme accounts using the inquiry function. Just like with net banking or smartphone applications.
- Small statement Second-tier benefactors now have access to the mini statement. Mini Statements are going to be made accessible for Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts, Post Office Savings Accounts, and Public Provident Fund Accounts. This service will eventually be made available to all other public programs thanks to the dept’s gradual expansion plans. The most recent 10 activities will be shown on the mini statement, and account users will be able to download the statement in PDF format.
- Full statement In addition to that, a comprehensive statement will be made accessible in a staged way. Customers would be able to produce bank records for a range of dates that they specify on their own.
E-Passbook Facility Benefits
- The fact that account holders do not have to go to the post office to obtain the passbook or find out how much money they have in their accounts is the major advantage of the electronic passbook. Simply can do it from home.
- They are free to access the passbook of their little savings account whenever they choose, wherever they are, and under any circumstances.
- In addition, to use the electronic passbook, the user just has to have a cell phone number that has been registered with the service; this eliminates the need for them to have a banking credential for the internet or a mobile banking application.
E-Passbook Eligibility and Documents
- The only eligibility under the e passbook is you must have a Post Office Savings Bank account.
- You just need only your mobile number to use the E-passbook.
How to Check PPF, SSY Balance Through E-Passbook Facility
- Simply go to the India Post website or the IPPB website and look for the link to access your electronic passbook.
- After providing the cell phone number you will be prompted to click the “Login” option.
- After entering the OTP that was supplied to the mobile phone, click the button labeled “Submit.”
- Then after logging in a dashboard will appear.
- Choose the “e-Passbook” option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the kind of scheme you want to use, then enter your account number, cell phone number. Finally, click the button “Continue.”
- After entering the One-Time Password that was sent to the cellphone number, click the “Verify” button.
- Choose from one of the following available choices:
- Balance inquiry
- Mini statement
- Full statement
- You will be able to see either the micro statement, the balance, or the complete statement. Both the mini and full statements are available for download to the account users.
Note: When the mobile number is not associated with the account, the system will display an appropriate error message for the situation. Just connect mobile with accounts by visiting the concerned department.