The Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, has made the announcement that the subsidy on residents’ power bills in Delhi would now be voluntary. Residents of Delhi will have to make a decision on whether or not they want to take advantage of the subsidy that provides free energy for up to 200 units a month and a rebate of up to 50 percent for up to 400 units a month. Residents will be required to submit an application for the voluntary subsidy in order to continue receiving the benefits after the announcement of the Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme. In the month of October, the application deadline for the discretionary subsidy is approaching. In today’s article, we will focus on how many methods are available to avail of the Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme. We will also discuss the benefits and objectives of the Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme as well.
Table of Contents
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme
Delhi has an effective government. Previously, there had been regular outages in the city, but we rebuilt infrastructure and reduced corruption to save money and ensure free 24-hour power. 58 million people use electricity at home in Delhi; 47 million get a subsidy. Of this 47 lakh, 30 lakh get zero bills and 16–17 lakh get 50 percent subsidies.
The Delhi government nowadays has decided to make it clear that citizens must register for the subsidy if they want to keep getting the benefits. Citizens in Delhi have two befitting alternatives for availing of the benefits of subsidized programs, but they must act quickly before October is over. Those who have an annual energy usage of fewer than 200 units are exempt from paying any fees or taxes related to electricity use at this time. Those whose usage does not exceed 400 units are eligible for a rebate of up to 800 rupees (50%) of their total bill. Know How to Apply for ” Delhi Berojgari Bhatta “
Subsidy eligibility depends on the month of application. Subsidies start in October if you apply in September. This program lasts a year and is renewed annually. All individuals will receive a document with their September energy bill that they must complete to continue receiving the subsidy. Eligible applicants may simply register for the power Voluntary Subsidy Scheme over WhatsApp if their electricity service provider is BSES. It’s vital to remember that in order to get the subsidy if you are renting an apartment and want to do so, you must let the owner know. This is due to the fact that in order to apply for the subsidy, a registered cellphone number must be connected to the BSES website.
6 Lakh citizen Applied for Power Subsidy Within 2 Days of Launching
Within only a couple of days, about 6 lakh consumers chose to receive power subsidies in Delhi. According to the Chief Minister, power subsidies will be optional as of October 1; anyone who is interested should telephone or Whatsapp the provided phone number. Since chief minister Arvind Kejriwal initiated the subsidy initiative for residents of Delhi on September 14, more than 11,600 people have opted in for power subsidies in Delhi, which are now optional. They have done so through both online and offline channels. On Friday evening, almost 6.15 lakh consumers filled out the papers to continue receiving subsidies for using less electricity.
Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme Overview
|Scheme Name||Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme|
|Launch By||Delhi Government|
|Objective||Provide options for giving subsidies to citizens.|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the State of Delhi|
|Benefits||to provide subsidized electricity plans.|
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme Objectives
The objective of the scheme is to provide an option for subsidy for the citizens of Delhi. Some wanted this benefit, and some did not want this plan. In previous; this was mandatory for all to opt for subsidies but now it’s made optional. It was the desire of a segment of the population that the electricity subsidy should not be mandatory and that people should be given a choice.
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme Benefits
The government has finally complied with the wishes of the majority and made a beneficial decision in their support. This idea has some benefits and some key features, which are listed below:
- As the state government is not now trying to forcefully pressurize citizens of the state by applying for subsidies. Giving them an option, it creates an atmosphere of harmony and democracy intact.
- Can avail of the service through mobile contact, WhatsApp, or SMS.
- Delhi’s domestic electricity users receive two subsidies. Up to 200 units each month are free (there are 3,039,766 such consumers at the moment). 201-400 unit users get 800 in subsidies (there are 1,659,976 such consumers).
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme Eligibility
To be eligible under the scheme, an applicant must be:
- Citizen of India and resident of Delhi
- Must have a registered connection in the electricity department.
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Whastapp Number
Applicants who wish to apply for the subsidy can contact on the Whatsapp Number – 7011311111
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme Documents
The documents which are important for the scheme are as follows:
- For ID verification, they must have a voter ID or Aadhar Card.
- Mobile Number
- Email ID.
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme: How to Apply Through Mobile
- Download WhatsApp on your mobile
- Save this contact number on your mobile.
- Open WhatsApp
- Send an exact text to WhatsApp as written Say “hello” to 7011311111
- Leave a message
- You’ll get confirmation that the subsidy was applied to your electricity bill.
- And thus you can avail free electricity.
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme: How to Apply Through QR Code
- Scan the QR code affixed to the subsidy form on your most recent BSES bill.
- Click the SMS link sent to your BSES-registered cellphone number.
- You will then get a notification verifying that the subsidy has been applied to your power payment.
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme: Offline Application Process
- Each customer will receive a letter form in the next two billing cycles, which they must fill out.
- Candidates must enter their voter ID along with their cell phone number. Names of consumers, CA numbers, and addresses will automatically be updated.
- Then go to the closest billing location. At the counter for subsidies submit a form.
- Prior to your subsequent billing cycle, complete the form.