How to Change Address in Aadhar Card Online & Offline, Know Process to Update Address in Aadhar, Check Status & Documents Required, Aadhar Card Address Change
As is well known, the Indian government provides its citizens with identity numbers consisting of 12 digits. It is available to every Indian. Citizens have unique Aadhaar numbers. The enrollee’s name, permanent address, picture, gender, fingerprint information, and Iris information are all stored on the biometric Aadhar card along with their age. In today’s India, the Aadhar card has many applications, and the number of situations in which it may serve as legal documentation has grown. Due to the fact that it promotes the principle of digitalization, now everything will be associated with the card. In this essay, we will discuss how to actually Change Address in Aadhar Card as well as the many editions that are involved in the process.
Change Address in Aadhar Card
India is making progress toward digitization, and it has shown that it is effective in this endeavor by attempting to digitize a variety of requirements and thereby assisting individuals in moving toward innovation and a new India. Aadhaar is innovative and a step towards contemporary India, and as digitalization is assisting in accomplishing the milestones for the country, the Aadhaar card is becoming an essential part of the lives of the citizens of India. When it was first released, the Aadhar card was made quickly, and there were a number of errors that needed to be fixed. In order to make things easier for the people of India, the government of India came up with a quick and simple solution by including a feature in the Aadhar card that allows for updates and edits.
Aadhar card address changes online are needed when someone moves permanently. Aadhar card updating is simple and may be done online or offline, contrary to common perception. A smartphone app for Aadhar card updates is also available. UIDAI is an Indian government agency that operates under a legal mandate. The Unique Identification Authority of India, often known as UIDAI, is in charge of distributing Aadhar cards throughout the country. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is the highest authority when it comes to controlling the whole Aadhar ecosystem. This applies whether the new number is being assigned or an Aadhar card is being updated.
Reasons for Change Address in Aadhar Card
You may need to begin the process of changing the address on your Aadhar card for a variety of reasons, including the following examples:
- Whenever any aadhar cardholder moves to a new place from your previous one. Perhaps moving from one state to another or from one location to another.
- The address has a spelling mistake. Take address seriously.
- After the age of 15, a youngster is required to get his or her Aadhar card updated.
- It’s possible that the Pincode has to be corrected.
Ways to Change Address in Aadhar Card
There are both online and offline options for changing the address on an Aadhar card, and both are described in this article. Anyone experiencing trouble comprehending the content may leave a remark in the area provided.
Change Address in Aadhar Card Online
- To update your Aadhar card or alter your address, visit UIDAI’s official website.
- Click the ‘My Aadhar’ option on the homepage of the UIDAI website.
- So under the box titled “Update Your Aadhar” hit “Update Demographics Data and Check Status.“
- The visitor will be taken to the next web page.
- On this screen, you must enter your Aadhar number and a One Time Password to log in. Upon entering your Aadhaar number, a one-time password (OTP) will be provided to the linked/r registered mobile phone. Inputting the supplied OTP and Captcha code will allow you to access the Aadhar system.
- The following window will show on your computer screen after you have successfully entered the UIDAI system.
- When you choose “Update Aadhar Online,” you will be taken to the next window.
- Choose an address from the options on the redirected page and click “Proceed to Update Aadhar” IF you have decided to update your Aadhar card and change your permanent address. The subsequent website will be shown.
- On this page, the person’s current address will be shown. Here, the opportunity to update your Aadhar card and input your new address will appear. Input the new residential address, building number, postal code, and city. This step is crucial.
- For Aadhar card update or Aadhar card Address change, you must supply a document that proves the new home address in a more explicit way. After the request has been made, the authorities may check the address.
- After entering the new Aadhar number, click the “Next” option to continue with the payment process. The customer would be charged Rs 50 in total. Payment options include net banking, upi, credit card, and debit card.
- Once the payment for the Aadhar card address change has been validated, the internal staff will validate the request to modify the home address.
- Within 90 days, the updated address is reflected. A person’s out-of-date address might lead to extremely significant concerns. It is required to update the Aadhaar card.
Offline Aadhar Card Address Change
Indians now use the Aadhar card for identification. The aadhar card must have current personal data.
Aadhar card updates may be done offline as well as online. For enrolling, updating, and other Aadhar-related tasks, the government established Aadhar Seva Kendras (ASK). Citizens may enroll in Aadhar at ASKs seven days a week.
- Aadhar Seva Kendras provide the following services,
- Aadhar Card Update
- Aadhar Enrollment of New Users.
- Update any demographic information in government records, including Name, Address, Email ID, Mobile Number, Birth Date, etc.
- Download Aadhar Application for PVC Aadhar Card
- Also update Existing Biometric Data, Including Iris Scan, Fingerprints, and Photograph Print
- Post offices, financial institutions, state government offices, and BSNL offices are also being recruited for Aadhar enrollment and Aadhar card updating services by the federal government.
Change Address in Aadhar Card Online without Proof
Users may wonder how to update the address on their Aadhar card. Aadhar card address changes are possible without address evidence.
- Initially, open the official website and on the homepage try to log in to UIDAI using the Aadhar number of a person who wants to make an address change
- Then enter the verifier’s Aadhar. (Verifier is the individual validating your residence)
- After that Authenticator receives the SRN.
- Access the link after receiving the SRN.
- Enter the Aadhar number from the given aadhar of the user.
- View the address after SRN login.
- Localize and submit your request.
- The requester receives a secret code through the mail.
- Log into the Aadhar card address change page and input the secret code.
- Check the new address.
- Finally record the URN for aadhar card address change status verification.
Aadhar Card Address Change Via Post Office
You may change the permanent address on your Aadhar card via mail in addition to online and offline ways. Aadhar and India Post enabled the service. Postal Aadhar address change is important for remote locations without internet. It helps military personnel and others stationed in distant places. Update your Aadhar Card utilizing post-paid services by following these procedures.
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI.
- Download the form for an Aadhar update. You can receive the form at some aadhar Kendra centers as well.
- If you opted online, download it and print the form.
- You will be needed to provide your name, address, and email address on this form. Contact information, Post office Pin Code, current address, and New address, among others.
- The Aadhar address update form must be completed in the language selected at Aadhar enrollment.
- Complete the form with the New Address.
- The right address and other information must be provided.
- The properly completed form must be sent to the following address
- “UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India”
- You will be contacted when the request has been submitted.
Change Address in Aadhar Card via Mobile App
Make address changes to your Aadhar Card using the mAadhar App by:
- Get the mAadhar Mobile Application by downloading it. Click the “Register My Aadhar” option if you are not already logged in as a user on this website.
- You may access your account by entering the number on your Aadhar card and the OTP that was sent to your mobile device.
- Navigate to the menu item labeled “Update Address Online.”
- You will be required to provide the specifics of your current address, the details of your new location, as well as a supporting document proving that you have moved. After the form has been submitted, a staff from inside UIDAI will check the address and then update the information on the Aadhar card. You will obtain your new aadhar card with the updated address.