Chandranna Bheema Yojana:- The Andhra Pradesh state government has introduced the Chandranna Bheema Yojana to help workers in unorganized sectors such as agricultural laborers, craftsmen, small self-employed individuals, petty traders, vendors, hamals, and store personnel. People who are below the poverty line and laborers would be eligible for insurance benefits under this insurance policy scheme. Read below to get detailed information related to the Chandranna Bima Yojana like highlights, objectives, features, benefits, eligibility criteria, Steps to Apply for the yojana, and much more
Table of Contents
AP Chandranna Bheema Yojana 2023
The Chandranna Bima Yojana is a program that offers insurance to workers in the unorganized sector. The yojana will be open to those who operate as artisans, small self-employed groups, small traders, and similar occupations. Under this program, more than 1.5 crore workers will have access to insurance coverage. Workers who sign up for this Yojana will receive insurance worth 5 lakh rupees in the event of an accident or death. When the insurance matures, the money will be given to the worker’s family or nominee. Additionally, the state government would pay 5 lakh rupees to people who have a lifelong disability and are unable to work.
Workers who experience an accident and experience some physical handicap will be paid 3 lakh rupees upon reaching adulthood. A 3 lakh rupee payment would be made to the employee for any necessary medical care if there is even a remote likelihood of recovery. The project’s insurance premium has been provided by the state government in the amount of Rs. 132 crores under the plan. This insurance coverage arrangement will now be available to practically all workers in unorganized sectors.
Details of Chandranna Bima Yojana
|Name||Chandranna Bheema Yojana|
|Introduced by||Andhra Pradesh state government|
|Beneficiary||Unorganized Sector Workers|
|Purpose||To provide Insurance coverage|
|Age Limit||18 years to 70 years|
|Coverage||3 to 5 lakhs|
|State Premium||132 crores|
Chandranna Bheema Yojana Objective
One industry that the government consistently ignores is the unorganized sector. No, such a move has not just recently been made for the benefit of the workforce in that industry. The primary goal of the yojana is to provide people with financial security in the event of a loss. Small business owners, shopkeepers, and artists are among those who struggle to make ends meet. Such an insurance plan will give them security so that, in the event of an accident, they or their family will be able to survive financially.
Features of Chandranna Bheema Yojana
Some of the key features of Chandranna Bheema Yojana are as follows:
- The Society for the Elimination of Rural Poverty (SERP) will also manage the database, enroll, and register all applicants for the program.
- All of the people would be registered as beneficiaries of the Social Security Act of 2008 in addition to the Chandranna Bheema Scheme.
- Additionally, the assistant labor officer in the labor department serves as the registering authority.
Benefits of Chandranna Bheema Yojana
Some of the benefits of Chandranna Bheema Yojana are as follows:
- The goal of this plan is to give the workers financial security against loss.
- This insurance plan offers an Rs. 5 lakh death benefit and a Rs. 5 lahks total disability benefit.
- The workers must pay the labor department Rs. 15 to take use of this program’s benefits.
- If a worker between the ages of 18 and 70 experiences a partial handicap, the insurance company will pay the policyholder Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- The workers in the age range of 51 to 60 will earn Rs. 30,000 in the event of natural death.
- A scholarship of Rs. 1,200 is available for children (up to two kids) enrolled in 9th, 10th, inter, and ITI classes.
The eligibility criteria for Chandranna Bheema Yojana are as follows:
- Anyone between the ages of 18 and 70 who works in the unorganized sector is eligible to register under this program.
- Employees with a monthly salary of less than 15,000 rupees may sign up for this program.
- The possession of a nationalized bank account is a requirement for anyone signing up.
Steps to Apply for Chandranna Bheema Yojana
The user needs to follow the below-given steps to Apply for Chandranna Bheema Yojana
- First of all, go to the official website of the Andhra Pradesh Government
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Login button
- The login page will open on the screen
- Enter your username and the password
- Now, click on the login button to get logged in to your registered account
- Click on the Chandranna Bheema Yojana Application form link
- The Chandranna Bheema Yojana application form will open on the screen
- Now fill in the form with all the required details
- After that, the Praja Sadhikara survivor would go to the worker’s home, conduct a preliminary investigation, and gather a claim application with all pertinent information, such as the nominee’s name and account number, as well as other papers like copies of an Aadhar card and a ration card.
- Save the bank details after retrieving the information from the UIDAI server.
- An applicant will then receive a reference number for their application along with information about how to register through email and mobile number.
- An insurance certificate and a policy number are prepared and forwarded to the address listed on the Aadhaar card respectively within 60 days.
Districts Toll-free Number
The Chandranna Bheema Yojana Districts Toll-free Numbers are given in the table below:
|S. No.||District||Toll-free Number|
|1||Guntur||1800 425 5038|
|2||Chittoor||1800 425 5035|
|3||Prakasam||1800 425 5037|
|4||East Godavari||1800 425 5041|
|5||Nellore||1800 425 5036|
|6||Kadapa||1800 425 5033|
|7||Krishna||1800 425 5039|
|8||Srikakulam||1800 425 5044|
|9||Vizianagaram||1800 425 5043|
|10||Kurnool||1800 425 5034|
|11||Ananthapuramu||1800 425 5032|
|12||Visakhapatnam||1800 425 5042|
|13||West Godavari||1800 425 5040|