Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship online application will commence soon. It is a scheme of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, the Ministry of Minority Affairs, and the Government of India for Girls of the minority community. Contenders who desired to have information about Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2023 and its related information then you are on the right page. Here on this page, you may be able to get information such as what the scholarship scheme is, the amount of the scholarship, the procedure to apply, the eligibility conditions to apply, and other relevant details.
Table of Contents
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2023
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2023 was earlier known as Maulana Azad National Scholarship. This scheme was initially launched on 3rd May 2003 by the Late Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee during a National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The main aim of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students. This scheme will sponsor the studies of those students who are unable to pursue their studies due to a lack of finance.
Details of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
|Name of the scheme
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
|Name of the department
|Maulana Azad Education Foundation
|Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
|3rd May 2003
|Late Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee
|Girls of Minority Community
|Mode of application
|Central government scheme
|National Scholarship Portal
Scholarship Schedule 2023
|Scheme Closing Date
|15th November 2023
|Defective Application Verification Date
|31st November 2023
|31st November 2023
|31st November 2023
Amount of Scholarship
|Amount of scholarship
|Class IX & X
|Class XI & XII
Objective of Scholarship
The main objective of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is to promote, recognize, encourage and assist the girl students of the minority community in higher education from class IX to XII financially. This scheme’s objective is to provide financial support to the girl students for the payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course, and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges, etc. to those who are not able to complete their studies due to lack of finance.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The beneficiaries of the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship are girls student belonging to minority communities that are Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, and Parsis
- Only the minority girls student who is studying from class 9th to 12th can apply for this scholarship
- For availing of this scholarship scheme, the student has to secure at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination
- The credentials of the student have to be verified by the school. The student has To to fill out the school verification form and get it signed by the principal along with a stamp and signature on the photograph
- The annual income of the student’s family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh
- There is no requirement to send hard copies to the authority.
- Only two students from a family can claim the scholarships.
- This scholarship cannot be availed for studying abroad
- The students are not required to pay any kind of fees for submitting the application form
Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions to avail Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship which are as follows:-
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed on the basis of a minority population in each state and union territory as per the census 2011
- The authorities can change any rules from time to time
- If the scholarship is discontinued once then it will not be revived under any kind of circumstances
- If the student has provided any false information then the scholarship will be canceled and the given amount will be recovered
- In the case of an academic gap, the scholarship will be discontinued
- If a student is availing of any scholarship under the Central or state government scheme then he or she is not eligible to avail of Begum Hazrat Mahal.
- All those applicants who belong to the lowest income group will be given a preference
Salient Features of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- This is a 100% government-funded scheme.
- The amount of the scholarship will be transferred to the direct bank transfer method
- The application mode for Begum Hazrat Mahal is online.
- For studying abroad there is no provision to grant any kind of scholarship
- Only girl students belonging to a minority community can avail of the scholarship
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- School verification form
- Passport size photograph
- Mark sheet
- Self-declaration of the minority community
- Bank account details
Selection of the applicant will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the income of the family.
Some Important Points Regarding Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- The rules of the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship can change from time to time as and when required
- Once the scholarship is discontinued on the basis of rules of disbursement then it cannot be revived under any circumstances
- If there is any gap in the academic session in studies at any time due to any reason the awarded scholarship will be suspended or canceled and for future, the scholarship will be discontinued
- Those students who have failed to submit their application within the prescribed time limit cannot claim for fresh or renewal of the scholarship
- If any student is found to have received a scholarship by any false means then the scholarship will be canceled and the paid amount will be recovered
- All those students who are already getting scholarships, under any scholarship scheme implemented by the central or state government, are not eligible to take benefit of this scheme
- The amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the account of the beneficiary through the DBT mode
- Payment of fee, transfer in parent or guardian’s account or payment through cheque or demand draft is not permissible in any case
- No application for renewal of scholarship will be entertained. Students have to apply a fresh in each class
- On the basis of the population of minorities in a particular state or union territory, fixed number of scholarship quotas will be allocated
- The selection of the Eligible students is based on the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the annual income of the family
- The merit list will prepare on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination
- State wise community wise quota has fixed on the basis of the minority of the population of the state
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Application Procedure
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- The home page will open in front of you
- On the homepage, you have to click on the new registration
- Now a new page will appear before you which will contain all the general instructions
- You have to read all these instructions very carefully
- The registration page will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the registration details carefully and click on the register option.
- After successful registration, log in with your details.
- Select the scholarship as Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents and click on the submit option.
- This way, you can easily apply for the scholarship program.
Points to Remember
- Applicants need not be sent/submitted physical/hard copy by post or by hand to MAEF
- Upload all the documents only in Hindi or English
- Students are advised to submit only One Application Form, if more than one application form is submitted, it will be considered a “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
- Applicants need not submit any application fee
Under the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship scheme the amount of scholarship will be credited through direct bank transfer mode into the beneficiary’s bank account and if the beneficiary demands to make payment of a fee or transfer the amount into a guardians account or payment through cheque DD then this request will not be considered under any circumstances.
Rules For Cancellation of Scholarship
There are certain rules under which the scholarship will be deemed discontinued. Those rules are as follows:-
- If there is an academic gap in studies due to any reason then the scholarship will be discontinued and the awarded scholarship amount will not be given to the beneficiary.
- All those students who have failed to submit an application form on time cannot claim for renewal of the scholarship.
- If the beneficiary has obtained scholarship by a false information then the scholarship will be canceled and the amount of the scholarship will be recovered
Through this article, we have provided all the important details regarding the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact me on 011-23583788/ 011-23583789 or email at email@example.com
Nodal Agency Address
- Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre, New Delhi, 110055