Assam Widow Pension Scheme:- The Assam state government offers pensions to the various groups there. The Assam government also offers pensions to the state’s widows. The widows in the state of Assam can receive one of two different widow pensions. Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension and Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension Scheme are the two options. The Assam State Government administers IMUWP, whereas the central Government administers IGNWP. Read the article below to learn more about the Assam Widow Pension Scheme
Table of Contents
Assam Widow Pension Scheme 2023
The Assam state government pays widows a pension. The state’s widows are given pensions by the government. As widows who relied on their husbands for support, they had no one to rely on. The government is now required to assist them. The state’s widows receive one-time aid totaling Rs. 25,000 from the Assam government. The answer is Rs. 250 every month till you turn 60. Thus, this provides cash assistance to state widows. Additionally, they can utilize money to help feed and educate their kids.
Assam Widow Pension Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name of the scheme||Assam Widow Pension Scheme|
|Launched by||Assam government|
|To provide pensions to widows||To provide pension to widows|
|Beneficiaries||Widows of Assam State|
Objectives of Assam Widow Pension Scheme
The widow pension program of the Indira Gandhi Nation pays the state’s widows a sum of Rs. 300 per month. The Assam government also gives the state’s widows a one-time payment of Rs. 25,000 through the Indira Miri, Universal Widow Pension program.This plan enables them to live honorably
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Widow Pension Scheme
The following requirements must be met by the applicant in order to qualify for the scheme’s benefits:
- The applicant must reside in the state of Assam permanently.
- The applicant’s age must fall between 45 and 60 (for the Indira Miri Universal Widow Pension).
- There are no age limitations for the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension; only widows may apply.
- The applicant must be an APL or BPL card holder in good standing.
- The applicant shouldn’t receive any financial assistance from relatives.
Features of Indira Gandhi Nation Widow Pension
Following are the features of Indira Gandhi Nation Widow Pension
- The Assam widows would get a monthly payment of Rs. 300 from the Indian government as part of the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension.
- This is solely for widows in the BPL Category.
Features of Indira Mir Universal Widow Pension
Following are the features of Indira Mir Universal Widow Pension
- All of the widows in the state of Assam will benefit from it and have their financial needs met.
- More than 40,000 state families will benefit from this as part of the Immediate Family Assistance Scheme.
- Beneficiaries will additionally receive Rs. 250 each month until the age of 60 in addition to the one-time settelement starting at age 45.
- Both holders of BPL (Below Poverty Line) cards and holders of APL (Above Poverty Line) cards will benefit from this, hence it will help both groups.
- The beneficiaries’ bank accounts will receive a direct transfer of the pension.
Required Documents for Assam Widow Pension Scheme
Following are the documents required to apply for the Assam Widow Pension Scheme
- Identity Card (One of these):
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Details
- Bank Name
- IFSC Code
- Bank Branch Name
- Account Number (of Applicant)
- Applicants name as per Bank
- Address Proof
- Ration Card (BPL Card)
- Income Proof (Certified by Panchayat)
- Death certificate of Deceased Husband
Application process of Assam Widow Pension Scheme
Follow the steps below to apply for Assam Widow Pension Scheme
- Downloading the application form for the program you want to apply for is the first step.
- The following step is to correctly complete all of the form’s required fields.
- Include any necessary supporting documentation with your application.
- You have to submit the completed form to the Block Office, VCDC, or Gramme Panchayat.
- Your application will now be submitted.
- After that, all of the information you provided on the application and the supporting documentation will be checked by officials.
- The government will grant the applicant’s pension if everything is correct.