Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form|Amma Scooter Scheme Apply Online| Amma Scooter Scheme Application Form| Sarkari Yojana Scooty
To raise the standards of living for the women in the Tamil Nadu State, the Tamilnadu government has come up with the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for the development of the women in their state. Today in this article, we will share with you all the details about the Amma two-wheeler scheme which was launched in the year of 2018 and has been providing two-wheelers to all of the women in the Tamilnadu State. In this article, we will share with you the eligibility criteria, documents required, application process and all of the other details related to the scheme.
Motive of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The Amma Two-wheeler is a scheme that will empower the working women in Tamil Nadu State. Also, it will enable them to purchase women-friendly two-wheelers to go to their enterprises, places of employment, engagements, etc. The main motive through the implementation of the scheme is the ease that the woman will go through because of the easy access to vehicles like Scooty or bicycle as per their desire. Also, special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters will be made available to the physically disabled women.
Details Of The Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Tamil Nadu state (women)|
|Objective||To provide vehicles to women|
Benefits Of The Scheme
As mentioned by the concerned authorities through the implementation of the Amma two-wheeler scheme, each year one lakh working women will be benefited through this scheme. Also, the main benefit is the maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of the two-wheeler or Rs.25,000/, whichever is less, will be provided to the beneficiaries. Also through the implementation of this scheme, freedom will be provided to all of the women residing in the Tamilnadu State. All of the women will no longer have a fear of taking a means of public transport in late-night, they will rather come home with their own transport.
Specifications Of The Vehicle
Under the Amma two-wheeler scheme if you take any vehicle the specification must match the following details:-
- The maximum engine capacity must be of 125cc
- The vehicle should be eligible to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- Vehicle should have been manufactured on after 01.01.2018 and 2 comply with the latest emission norms.
- Details of all the vehicles provided under this scheme will be collated/gathered by the Project Director (PD), Tamilnadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM) of the respective District.
- The details will also be shared with the Transport department who shall not permit a change in registration of ownership due to sale or other considerations without the prior permission of the PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
To be eligible for the Amma two-wheeler scheme, the applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria given below:-
- The women must be engaged individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood activity/wage employment.
- The applicant must be commuting for a long distance.
- Earnings of women must be the primary source of income for the family.
- The following women are also eligible-
- Women registered as workers in the Organized and Un-Organized sectors.
- Women employed in Shops and Establishments.
- Self-employed women involved in petty trades or otherwise.
- Women working in-
- Government Aided Organisations
- Private Institutions
- Government Projects
- Community-Based Organizations – Panchayats Level Federations(PLF) Village Poverty Reduction Committees (VPRCs), Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam (Makamai), who are either on consolidated salary or daily wages or on contract employment.
- Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators and ASHA workers.
- The applicant should be a native of and residing in Tamil Nadu.
- Applicant should be in the age group of 18 to 40 years.
- The applicant should know driving.
- The applicant must possess a valid Two Wheeler / Learner License Registration (LLR) at the time of applying.
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2,50,000/-
- Only one woman beneficiary is eligible to avail the 3 benefits in a family
- The applicant should have appeared for the class 8th examination (Passed/Failed).
- Priority will be given to the following-
- Working women residing in remote places
- Hilly regions
- Women-headed households
- Deserted women
- Destitute widows
- Differently-abled women
- Unmarried women aged above 35 years
- Scheduled Caste/Tribes
Reservation Under The Scheme
Certain reservations are provided to the women who are belonging to backward caste in the Tamilnadu State such as:-
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-abled||4 % ( Across All Categories)|
The following documents are required to apply for the scheme:-
- Proof for Age (18 to 40) / Date of birth
- Proof for Residence such as-
- EPIC card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Utility Bills etc., in the Applicant’s name
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by the competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by Employer / Self Certification
- Proof of Employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of Wage / Salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualification / Appearance for VIII standard exam (Transfer Certificate, SSLC, etc.,)
- Passport size photograph
- Proof to establish membership of priority category, wherever applicable
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST category)
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by the competent authority
- Quotation/Pro-forma invoice of the vehicle.
Application Procedure Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The following application procedure should be followed by the applicants if they want to enroll under the scheme:-
- The applications form will be made available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body offices, and the Collectorates free of cost to the applicant.
- Also, you can download the application forms from the link given above.
- No application fee should be collected from the applicant for the form.
- The application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- The filled-in Application forms can be submitted either in person or by Registered/ Speed Post.
- A unique application number will be assigned to each application form containing the ULB/RLB code followed by the running serial number within the ULB/RLB.
Given below are some important links related to the Amma Two-wheeler scheme:-
- Application Form – Rural
- Application Form – Urban
- Field Verification Form
- Subsidy Claim Form
- Official Website