AICTE SSPCA Scheme:- With the world becoming increasingly interconnected, participation in international competitions provides students with invaluable opportunities for skill enhancement, knowledge exchange, and cultural enrichment. Understanding the value of these kinds of experiences, AICTE is dedicated to giving students the tools they need to display their abilities on a worldwide platform. So, keeping all these factors in mind, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) launched a scheme called as Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad (AICTE SSPCA).
Table of Contents
AICTE SSPCA Scheme 2024
By giving students, the freedom to pursue their aspirations and honourably represent their nation, AICTE seeks to cultivate a new breed of leaders and innovators capable of making major contributions to the global community. AICTE SSPCA scheme is a creative programme developed to help Indian students to become more globally competitive. This scheme is a testament to the organization’s unwavering dedication to developing talent, fostering quality, and elevating India’s profile internationally.
AICTE SSPCA Scheme Details in Highlights
|AICTE SSPCA Scheme
|All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
|Prof. T.G. Sitharam
|Support to Students for Participating in Competitions Abroad
|To offer financial aid of up to Rs 2 lakh per student
Objectives of AICTE SSPCA scheme
For a single student or a group of students who want to compete internationally, the AICTE SSPCA scheme offers a travel grant. The scheme aims to increase Indian students’ competitiveness abroad. The scheme aims to foster in the students a spirit of competition, innovation, and inquiry. Students will also get the opportunity to network with peers, corporate leaders, and academics from around the world by taking part in this course, which will foster intercultural collaboration and communication. This support includes mentoring, financial support, and logistical advice.
Features of AICTE SSPCA scheme
Following are the features of AICTE SSPCA scheme:
- The programme offers up to two lakhs in financial aid per student, payable on a reimbursement basis.
- This covers both domestic and international travel, registration fees, visa application fees, lodging and board, airport taxes, travel health insurance, and expenses incurred for bringing competition-related equipment.
- Students in diploma, BE/BTech, integrated MTech, and ME/MTech programs at AICTE-approved universities are eligible.
- There is a 10-day maximum limit on the competition’s duration.
Benefits of AICTE SSPCA scheme
Following are the benefits of AICTE SSPCA scheme
- AICTE SSPCA scheme provides financial support to technical education students who want to participate in international scientific competitions.
- In order to help students represent India internationally, the SSPCA programme offers financial aid, mentorship, and logistical support to individual students or student teams who are interested in competing in these tournaments.
- It also makes networking with colleagues, business leaders, and academics throughout the globe easier.
- Up to ₹ 2 lakh in financial help is available to each student under the AICTE programme, covering costs for both local and foreign travel, registration fees, visa applications, lodging, airport taxes, travel insurance, and competition-related equipment.
- Under the programme, each student team is qualified for financial assistance once while enrolled in classes.
Eligibility Criteria of AICTE SSPCA scheme
Following are the eligibility criteria of AICTE SSPCA scheme.
- The technical course that the students are taking must be offered by an AICTE-approved institution.
- A student will only be qualified for financial assistance under the programme once while they are enrolled in classes.
- Under the SSPCA programme, a student or a team of two to six students can compete overseas.
- Participation in completion abroad is open to students enrolled in diploma, B.E./B.Tech., integrated M.Tech., M.E./M.Tech., MBA, MCA, and hotel management programmes that have been authorised by the AICTE.
- The student or group of students should compete in an event at the national level in which they have taken first place.
Following are the documents required to apply for the scheme.
- Applications should be forwarded to the AICTE, New Delhi, with the appropriate signature from the institute’s competent authority.
- A copy of the student’s name appearing on the competition organisers’ letter of acceptance.
- Expected information on the anticipated expenses so that the expert committee can decide whether to reimburse.
- A copy of the comprehensive competitive information overseas.
- A copy of the relevant documentation, showing that the student or team competed in the national competition and took first place.
- The AICTE has advised that submitting a proposal does not guarantee that it will be approved.
- These documents need to be submitted in at least three months before the event starts.
- Submission of the required documents, including the competition organisers’ acceptance letter and the complete competition proposal must be made at least two months before the event starts.
- If more than one application is submitted for the same competition, only one will be evaluated, with the first author receiving preference.
Process for Approval of the Proposal
- An expert will assess the proposal(s) that have been submitted and properly prepared in all aspects.
- The competition specified in the received proposal will be automatically selected if it falls under Category “A,” and the expert committee’s final decision will solely concern whether or not to make the expenditure.
- An expert committee will evaluate the proposal in circumstances that come under Category “B.” The AICTE will make a final decision based on their suggestion.
Procedure for Grant release
Following the conclusion of the competition and the submission of the necessary paperwork by the applicants or Institute, the full amount will be paid out in one instalment.
How to Apply for AICTE SSPCA Scheme
If you need financial assistance and you want to apply for apply for AICTE SSPCA scheme, then follow the steps below.
- Apply for AICTE New Delhi through offline mode.
- After that, you need to provide any required documents.
- Then, two months or more before to the start of the event, submit the application.
- AICTE will offer any assistance required to advance the program.
Financial Assistance offered
- Domestic Travel – For travel from the AICTE-approved institution to the closest airport and return, actual airfare not to exceed AC III Class train cost will be paid. Local public transport charges for the location of stay in overseas to the event venue.
- International Travel: This programme offers economical class flight travel to and from the competition location overseas.
- The participating student will get a registration fee (as per actual or Rs. 50,000/- whichever is less) lodging and board.
- Airport tax
- Visa application fee
- Lodging & boarding.
- Travel health Insurance
- Cost incurred for taking equipment related to competition.